Attempted aircraft theft thwarted by tie-down chain

If you're going to steal an airplane surely there is something more interesting than a 152!?!

Don't steal a plane chained to the ground. Earth puts you a little more out of W&B than you might think.

If you're going to steal an airplane surely there is something more interesting than a 152!?!

Ha that's what I thought at first but the article said he was a former student so perhaps that's all he ever flew,

Did the thief have shoes on? ;)

There is a reason he is a former flight student. :D

Last edited:
I always thought those lock chains were stupid and would never stop anyone. Guess I was wrong.

Can't tell from this article whether there was in fact one of those locking tiedown chains, or that he was just too stupid to remove the regular tie downs.

Jon

I always thought those lock chains were stupid and would never stop anyone. Guess I was wrong.

someone that stupid would be stopped by one of those decorative plastic chains

You guys have it all wrong. The voices told him Earth was about to be obliterated by a giant asteroid. He was just trying to tow us all out of harm's way. We only needed a little tug, just a tiny orbital adjustment, hence the 152. A 182 would have been too much. That's why there was just a near miss over the western US this morning.

Well... that and, after all, it was 4/20.

You guys have it all wrong. The voices told him Earth was about to be obliterated by a giant asteroid. He was just trying to tow us all out of harm's way. We only needed a little tug, just a tiny orbital adjustment, hence the 152. A 182 would have been too much. That's why there was just a near miss over the western US this morning.

Well... that and, after all, it was 4/20.

Lol. Between this and Fred's rant about driving the van this forum has taken a sharp turn towards funny!

That is what I thought too......everytime I've ever seen or heard of pilots forgetting the chains.....well the tiedown rings on the plane failed before the pilot even realized what was happening.

"Troy Daniel Long, 25," is gonna be a very popular name in PMITA prison.

What a maroon. A 152 at gunpoint....

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear. - Amelia Earhart

"WHERE THE F*** ARE WE" - Amelia Earhart :eek:

Back