Attempt to post Gastons Video

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
hey i think it worked!

Jesse and Chip taking off

Attachments

• Chip Jesse Takeoff.wmv
    4.7 MB · Views: 119
Re: Attepmt to post gastons Video

And here is the Beech 18 departing.

Attachments

• Beech 18 Takeoff.wmv
    4.6 MB · Views: 84

purdue1014 said:
I can't see it, this is what comes up for me in Windows Media Player,

C00D1199: Cannot play the file

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
  • The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
  • The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
  • The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
  • You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Can someone help me???????:dunno:

However I can "save target as" 'em. :redface:

Nice videos:yes:

worked fine for me

tonycondon said:
And here is the Beech 18 departing.

You know, that departure had them shooting a field goal between the trees way down at the end and then departing low over the river. One of the lowest departures I've seen at Gastons.

Also, I know nothing of Beech 18 takeoff distances, etc., but looking at how low they were on two, I'd sure think it would have been very bad to loose an engine on that departure. Just wondering.

tonycondon said:
hey i think it worked!

Jesse and Chip taking off
Who's the guy in the yellow shirt holding the pistol? Is that the LSO with the "wave off" gun?

"Don't follow my directions and I shoot your tires out!"

:D

(Yeah, I know it's a hand held radio ... just looks like a pistol!)

That was Dr. Gil Velez (TeenDoc) who flew with his wife from White Plains, NY in a 172SP. His son and daughter inlaw flew from San Antonio, TX in a highly modified 152 with 150hp engine and 172 wings.

You'll have to get Chip to tell you how well the Doc tolerated the ride the Extra.....:rofl:

gkainz said:
Who's the guy in the yellow shirt holding the pistol? Is that the LSO with the "wave off" gun?

"Don't follow my directions and I shoot your tires out!"

:D

(Yeah, I know it's a hand held radio ... just looks like a pistol!)

Steve said:
You'll have to get Chip to tell you how well the Doc tolerated the ride the Extra.....:rofl:
Gil is the Iron Man!!!

Chip

I love the interesting commentary at the end of the Beech 18 departure. Who was that?

Bill Jennings said:
You know, that departure had them shooting a field goal between the trees way down at the end and then departing low over the river. One of the lowest departures I've seen at Gastons.

Also, I know nothing of Beech 18 takeoff distances, etc., but looking at how low they were on two, I'd sure think it would have been very bad to loose an engine on that departure. Just wondering.
I'm surprised. I've always been impressed with the T/O of the 18.

AirBaker said:
I'm surprised. I've always been impressed with the T/O of the 18.

Wasn't/Isn't there a guy that does aerobatics in a Beech 18? I remember seeing a black on red Beech ?18? doing barrel rolls at Oshkosh a few years ago. Wasn't it called "Samson" or something like that? If I remember correctly, the same guy does aero in a Lear.

-Chris

CJones said:
Wasn't/Isn't there a guy that does aerobatics in a Beech 18? I remember seeing a black on red Beech ?18? doing barrel rolls at Oshkosh a few years ago. Wasn't it called "Samson" or something like that? If I remember correctly, the same guy does aero in a Lear.

-Chris
Yes, that would be Bobby Younkin. A great pilot. I flew with him once. That flight was the best aerobatic lesson I've ever had, and that day was one of my most memorable days. Bobby died last year. His son is doing air shows now.

Diana said:
Yes, that would be Bobby Younkin. A great pilot. I flew with him once. That flight was the best aerobatic lesson I've ever had, and that day was one of my most memorable days. Bobby died last year. His son is doing air shows now.

That's a shame. It was VERY evident that he definitely knew how to handle an airplane. It would take nearly the whole length of 18/36 at OSH to get the Beech to barrel roll, but it was definitely a spectacle to behold! :eek:

-Chris

Back