Attack of the 60-ft Tron Guy!!

There is a guy in Chicago who has a handful of hot dog stands he called, "McDucks." He had a very minimally changed Donald - with the sailorcap and all - on the signs until he got contacted/sued by Disney. I think he went through several revisions and now it's just "Ducks" with no picture.
There's a guy here with a big pickup all decked out like a Budweiser truck, except it's "Boardweiser" and "the king of drywall." Sounds kinda cheesy as I type this, but it's really a well-done ripoff.

There's a guy here with a big pickup all decked out like a Budweiser truck, except it's "Boardweiser" and "the king of drywall." Sounds kinda cheesy as I type this, but it's really a well-done ripoff.
It's the weird items like that which get a company's name noticed and recalled when the time comes for such a service.

Ah, but you're one of a very small number of people who can say you've been flying with the Tron Guy in his airplane...

I'm privileged enough to be part of that select group, too. :)

Ooooh... I've only been able to see it flying from the outside :(. I did get some good pictures though!

This just came in through my email... guess who!

Attachments

• Jay.JPG
    Jay.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 25
so are all of these other "im a PC" people supposed to be people I should recognize too?

I still don't get it. Usually, when advertisers show someone using their product, its Brad Pitt or some other underwear model. If they want to get someone out of the ordinary, they get and underwear model at the North Pole or something. You know, subliminally telling us "use our product and you too can be an underwear model". I wouldn't think the subliminal message "buy our product and you too can be a geek in a costume" really would work too well, no offense meant to Jay (I suspect that would be the first reaction from anyone not privileged to know you). Then again, maybe these ad guys know something I don't. Could be I know something they don't.

I still don't get it. Usually, when advertisers show someone using their product, its Brad Pitt or some other underwear model. If they want to get someone out of the ordinary, they get and underwear model at the North Pole or something. You know, subliminally telling us "use our product and you too can be an underwear model". I wouldn't think the subliminal message "buy our product and you too can be a geek in a costume" really would work too well, no offense meant to Jay (I suspect that would be the first reaction from anyone not privileged to know you). Then again, maybe these ad guys know something I don't. Could be I know something they don't.

:mad::mad::mad:Now all I can see in my head is Jay in his underwear! :mad::mad::mad:

;)

Back