ATP? Yay or Nay?

Captain this is for you.

"Mig 28's, no one has been this close before"
a7y5ageg.jpg
re9yra8y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Fearless for me it's rare, as I was chosen to hang out with those in brown shoes for the last 17yrs. It looks as if you are in town during the January timeframe I could let ya buy me a burger or something there other than at 5 Guys. If things go as planned, I'll be in the Great Bridge area, and spending ALLOT of my time over at KCPK. Unless you know of a better venue to live/play from.
I've only been here a little less than a year, but so far, my preferred place is Epix at CPK, although I don't think Epix is 141 if that is important to you in terms of using GI Bill benefits. If you need 141, there is Horizon at CPK. There are also schools at Hampton Roads Exec (PVG). I keep my Baron at ORF, but there is no schools to speak of at the big airport.

We'll be in drydock in January, so I'll definitely be around.

I've only been here a little less than a year, but so far, my preferred place is Epix at CPK, although I don't think Epix is 141 if that is important to you in terms of using GI Bill benefits. If you need 141, there is Horizon at CPK. There are also schools at Hampton Roads Exec (PVG). I keep my Baron at ORF, but there is no schools to speak of at the big airport.

We'll be in drydock in January, so I'll definitely be around.

When I spoke with EPIX back in February they advised there were 141, and they have submitted the paperwork to the VA to become VA approved. Havent done any follow up since I will not be attending a VA approved school until I finish my private cert.

Capt. I won't be making a quick decision on ATP anytime soon.

Right now I am in a position to where I have a free double i, who can't charge me for instruction so I need to put him to work on my IFR.

Fearless, looks like ill have to call you soon and get the DH brief from ya on ORF. Right now I "Rent Wet" and it only runs me $130 on the hobbs, with no minimums on overnights. I do get some special preferred treatment which is why the rate is so low, as well as no minimums for overnights. I am going to wait until retirement, before purchasing my first toy.

Last edited:
Here is my two cents worth considering I went the 141 through commercial and 61 for the CFI portion. Concerning the CFI part 61 portion, In the end it didnt save me much because I like paying for an instructor when it comes to ground lessons and helping me develop my teaching voice. ATP will put you in a classroom environment and I hear it is a pretty stressful 2-3 weeks but you will have a checkride scheduled without issues. I on the other hand had to wait weeks just to have the FAA respond to my requests for a checkride, then they said I could go through a DPE (like ATP) and I am scheduled on the 22nd of july, the soonest would have been another couple weeks. Had I waited to go through the FAA a checkride would have been mid august.

The point is, If you want to get things done on a reasonable time frame and are a good study ATP will get you through it.

Just because you don't get an ATP does not mean you cannot fly to that standard. . . . I try to fly to that standard every single flight.

Just because you don't get an ATP does not mean you cannot fly to that standard. . . . I try to fly to that standard every single flight.

On this thread 'ATP' I think refers to the school and not the cert.

As for flying to ATP standards, I have to relax and let go a bit to go DOWN to those standards. I am, after all, the best pilot here...

On this thread 'ATP' I think refers to the school and not the cert.

Yes this thread was written to discuss the school. I threw the links in there as well, but I can see some folks like to respond to people's responses without looking into what the thread was intended for :)

Meh....

Seems like others get to trash me and I don't get to respond. Life just ain't fair...

Last edited:
Mon Capitan-

Since you've disabled your PM capability, you leave no other option. Consider this an admonition.

People remember best the last thing(s) you did.
Clean up your act! You're becoming a jerk!!!

-I'd PM you a few other things (more helpful), but as above, I cannot.

Didn't know pm was disabled. I'll look into that. Post edited. I'd hate to be a jerk.

Didn't know pm was disabled. I'll look into that. Post edited. I'd hate to be a jerk.

It's not one post. It's your tone of late. Notice how you're being called a Troll in other threads???

Meh....

Seems like others get to trash me and I don't get to respond. Life just ain't fair...

Captain, this is off topic, but oh well. Opinions are like elbows, most people got them. That's what is great about forums. They are full of people's opinions, facts, and experiences. If someone doesn't want to get hit by your elbows, they can step out of the way, when you decide where you swing them!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide what forums were intended for.

Last edited:
You're all right KeyWest. Thanks.

Your welcome Capt.. To much negativity goes on in the world, so I choose to avoid all of it I can.

I seem to be much happier that way :)

Back