ATP Flight School

Chuck Dillon

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
grnbrt1956
Has anyone gone thru ATP's CFI program? If so what do you think of it?

Thankls

chuck

I did in early '07 at VGT. Send me a PM, I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow morning, but I'm happy to answer any questions I can. I know there's at least one other fellow on here that can tell you about his experience in JAX :yikes:.

i did the CFI Program in LZU a month or so ago. I was very dissappointed with it! Excluding 2 instructors, they couldnt care less about you. They treat you like crap. And while you're paying for a certain # of hours... you dont get to fly them all if they can rush you through it faster. You'll sign away ALL your rights to anything. Everything is completely 1 sided from a legal stand point. And they're DEFINITELY NOT customer service oriented. It's more like branding cattle. Just move 'em through.

You better study your butt off on your own, and dont expect too much guidance. They don't communitcate things to you very well about the schedule etc...

As you can see... I was not very pleased. Also, they advertise 14 days, but that's VERY unlikely! Mine took 19, with 0 days for wx. All delays due to ATP bad coordination and 2 of those days I didn't even see an instructor at all.

Back