Atlantic Spew

Instead, I occupied myself by taking free candy and bottles of Evian from the plane’s endless stock of free candy and Evian,
Oh my, he is one of those who empty the snack basket because it is "free". :skeptical:

I'll bet he didn't find the small liquor bottles or he would have taken them too...

Oh my, he is one of those who empty the snack basket because it is "free". :skeptical:

I'll bet he didn't find the small liquor bottles or he would have taken them too...

Oh, and he took the free ride, too. "Do as I say, not as I do". How come he's not working as a politician?

Starting off with saying that his rich friends don't invite him along often enough. Well gee, I wonder why...

Frakking bastich. Icehole. Heaven forbid his twin engined airplane his the CIA headquarters. Might break a window. They're probably expensive.

There are two things here that **** me off. First, here's a guy bumming rides with his rich friends on private jets after a tv appearance, and at the same time trying to gin up resentment against people who regularly use GA as 'plutocrats' and rich people who can buy themselves an exemption to the TSA nonsense. This graduate student who saved up for years to get his pilots license and fly in to airports like TEB whenever he can afford to would like to tell Mr. Goldberg.....well, out of respect for the civility of this board, I'll leave that part unsaid. Secondly, is he actually suggesting that expanding the purview of the TSA is going to make us safer? Moron.

What an asswipe.

Oops, can I say that???

Oh well, I just did.

There are two things here that **** me off. First, here's a guy bumming rides with his rich friends on private jets after a tv appearance, and at the same time trying to gin up resentment against people who regularly use GA as 'plutocrats' and rich people who can buy themselves an exemption to the TSA nonsense.
Wonder if he's ever going to be able to scam another ride from his friends. :devil:

I go through biennial cycle -- subscribe to The Atlantic Monthly, read it, then come across this sort of spew: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/01/private-plane-public-menace/8335/

And then I cancel.

Here's a bio on the author:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Goldberg

If he and others like him are as successful at making a case to destroy what is left of aviation freedom as they were at convincing everyone that Iraq had WMD and was cozy with Al Qaeda, then we have a problem. Hopefully any credibility he had is now shot. Maybe he should go back to serving lunch to students; a lot more honest work in doing that.

Here's a bio on the author:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Goldberg

If he and others like him are as successful at making a case to destroy what is left of aviation freedom as they were at convincing everyone that Iraq had WMD and was cozy with Al Qaeda, then we have a problem. Hopefully any credibility he had is now shot. Maybe he should go back to serving lunch to students; a lot more honest work in doing that.

I'll pretend to follow that logic.

:rolleyes2:

I'll pretend to follow that logic.

:rolleyes2:

I thought it self-evident that I was providing my opinion, not a logical argument. Since I was mistaken in that belief, let me now state:

In my very humble opinion.

I think he was just trying to stir the pot. It seems to have worked

Back