Atlanta Restaurants - recommendations?

lprellwitz

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iBug
Looking for some advice from my fellow POAers on one of my favorite non-aviation topics - dining! :)

Our company is having its large annual member conference in Atlanta at the end of September. I will be one of the staff attending, which means long days on one's feet answering questions, helping presenters, etc., and basically being 'on' from the minute you get on the plane (many of our midwest members connect through ORD, you never know who you'll see) till you get back in your car in the parking garage after it's over.

Looking for advice on a good restaurant or two to unwind with other staffers at the end of a long day, not too expensive (we have budgets, and sometimes an attendee or two will come along with), allows for some conversation; folks are open to most types of food. Conference is near the CNN Center, but transportation to other parts of town shouldn't be a problem (use taxis, or pile in with whomever has a rental car).

Ideas and suggestions most welcome.... if making reservations is a key item on the checklist, appreciate that info as well.

Thanks, Leslie

My favorite restaurant in Atlanta is The Vortex. The food was very good (it was the Wall Street Journal's pick for best hamburger in Atlanta one year) and service was great. I've only been to the Moreland location. The Peachtree location looks a version you'd find in a mall, but I bet the food and service are the same.

Back