Atlanta partnership - where to look??

dwalt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DWalt
Any advice on where to look for someone who's looking for partners in their plane?

I don't do a ton of flying because of the cost of renting, but I think I could swing a partnership in a Cherokee or 172 or maybe even a 182. Problem is, I don't have any clue where to begin looking to find people who are looking for partners.

I fly out of PDK currently, and have been told that if I hang around the field long enough I'll find someone...no luck so far :nonod:. Any direction is much appreciated.

Any advice on where to look for someone who's looking for partners in their plane?

I don't do a ton of flying because of the cost of renting, but I think I could swing a partnership in a Cherokee or 172 or maybe even a 182. Problem is, I don't have any clue where to begin looking to find people who are looking for partners.

I fly out of PDK currently, and have been told that if I hang around the field long enough I'll find someone...no luck so far :nonod:. Any direction is much appreciated.

Any flight schools on the field that you can post ads at? Actually I know Advanced Aviation has a facility there. How close are you to LZU?

Good idea about posting at flight schools. I've always assumed everyone learning to fly was renting, so I never considered it, but it certainly couldn't hurt to put some feelers out.

I'm about 30min from LZU...know someone there who's looking?

I Remember seeing a couple of postings over at RYY not too long ago. I won't be over there until next week some time, but I'll see if they are still up.

Contact Roger Cole on Purple. He's sorta-kinda looking too.

Good idea about posting at flight schools. I've always assumed everyone learning to fly was renting, so I never considered it, but it certainly couldn't hurt to put some feelers out.

I'm about 30min from LZU...know someone there who's looking?

I found two new partners for my Warrior at Advanced Aviation at LZU. They jumped at it since they couldn't always match their schedule up with the school planes. Now they don't have that problem. If need be I can hook them up with free lance CFI's also.

Since I'm in the same boat, I'm going to resurrect this post. Anyone looking for a partnership in Atlanta hit me up. I'm out of PDK, but would consider RYY.

PS - Congrats on the Grumman Tiger DWalt!

I'm sorta kinda looking too...for partnership in something like a 182 or better. I work at PDK, live btw PDK and RYY so those are preferred but FTY would work too.
I wish you guys were closer to me in Florida (KOMN, near Daytona Beach). I just bought a Bonanza and am thinking about looking for a partner.

I wish you guys were closer to me in Florida (KOMN, near Daytona Beach). I just bought a Bonanza and am thinking about looking for a partner.

How much of a partner? I'm out of KORL.

How much of a partner? I'm out of KORL.
I'm really only looking for one. Once you have more than two people involved you have to have more formal rules and scheduling. Even with just one partner you still need a legal agreement handling all the various details.
edit to add: Half buy-in would run around $55k.

I'm really only looking for one. Once you have more than two people involved you have to have more formal rules and scheduling. Even with just one partner you still need a legal agreement handling all the various details.

As much as I'd love to be a partner in your beautiful new Bo, that's probably to rich for my pocketbook. And Daytona is more of a hike than I'd want. Now KSFB...

It is a beautiful plane though.

John

I'm sorta kinda looking too...for partnership in something like a 182 or better. I work at PDK, live btw PDK and RYY so those are preferred but FTY would work too.

I don't see a way to send you a PM, but I would be interested in talking to you about a partnership. Where do you work at PDK?

Still looking... anyone interested in a partnership in Atlanta hit me up. I'm out of PDK, but would consider RYY.

Flocker, what kind of plane are you looking at getting in to?

You guys are a year too early, it looks like I'm moving to Buckhead Jul2016...

there is someone that has been trying to sell half a share of his 182 for $56k. He's on craigslist I believe. It may be worth contacting him to see if he has received any contacts that could help you.

Back