ATLANTA: Looking for a BFR in the area

zambuka42

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
zambuka42
Hi, I'm an American pilot who has been working abroad for the last 15 years. I will be back in Atlanta mid April before returning to another medevac bush job in South America. It has been about 1.5 years since I last flew and do need a BFR (although 1-2 hours of brush-up beforehand would be optimal). As a non-profit NGO pilot, I have a very tight budget. So, I'm looking for anyone who is capable & keen to perform a BFR with me. Basically looking for a general estimate in price for a review flight one day, and a BFR the next day.. ideally in a variable-pitch prop aircraft for the review (As I fly a U206 in my next job), then the cheapest option aircraft for the BFR. If anyone is available and feel this is feasible, please let me know! Thanks

- Brian Gershon (Commercial Multi-Land + Single-Sea + instrument).

Pilots always wanting it done in less time and cheaper.

I did a BFR at cherokee county airport (north atlanta) back in October. The length of time depends on your proficiency. I hadn't flown in about 15 years. For me the BFR was essentially a check ride since it had been so long. It took me about 1.5 hours of flying plus some ground school time (even though I did the rusty pilot class from AOPA); however I was prepared for multiple and longer flying sessions.

Back