Atlanta Georgia Rental / Shared flight ?

rkdF250

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robert
I will be visiting Atlanta Georgia next week and would really like to do some flying one afternoon. I am attempting to find a rental company but I know there will be a checkout and do not know if they would even be interested in renting once. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have not been able to join the Open Airplane Program yet. I have renters insurance and routinely fly several different aircraft including Cessna Skyhawk G1000, Cherokee 140 and Bonanza J35.

There are several airports in the Atlanta area,I'm sure you can find someone to take you're money.

Where exactly in ATL will you be located?

you're probably going to be closest to PDK. I don't know specifics about the metro airports, but I've been told that PDK is the busiest in the state besides ATL. I'd check there first.

Center of Downtown it appears....

PDK will be your closest, and there is more than one rental option there, any of which will be more than happy to have your business and check you out in the plane and local airspace (that's what I always do on my required 1 hr check out in a new place).

Last edited:
Hey Robert, did you find what you needed? How long are you in town if you are still in Atlanta? I'm working a convention in Philly or else I would take you flying around Atlanta in my Comanche.

From time to time I wish I could go flying in the many cities I visit working so I know where you are coming from on this ;)

Andy

I will be visiting Atlanta Georgia next week and would really like to do some flying one afternoon. I am attempting to find a rental company but I know there will be a checkout and do not know if they would even be interested in renting once. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have not been able to join the Open Airplane Program yet. I have renters insurance and routinely fly several different aircraft including Cessna Skyhawk G1000, Cherokee 140 and Bonanza J35.
When I've been a location that I want to fly in just once, I don't bother with a checkout, I just get the CFI to sit in the right seat and watch me.

I have intentions to fly TO ATL, no date set yet, but it will likely be in 2014 - pleasure flight.

It might be OK to take another pilot along and even share the costs
(Runs and ducks for cover)

Hey Robert, did you find what you needed? How long are you in town if you are still in Atlanta? I'm working a convention in Philly or else I would take you flying around Atlanta in my Comanche.

From time to time I wish I could go flying in the many cities I visit working so I know where you are coming from on this ;)

Andy

I will be in Atlanta until Saturday morning. It's been a great trip so far. Last night they had a party for us at the Atlanta Aquarium. Its been a great visit so far and I will be back. The weather seems to have become an issue now. Thanks for the offer. If you ever find yourself in send me an email and I will do the same.

I have not been able to join the Open Airplane Program yet.

Now's your chance - OpenAirplane shows two FBO's at PDK that are in the program. If you're going to need a checkout anyway, might as well make it one that's good everywhere!

I will be in Atlanta until Saturday morning. It's been a great trip so far. Last night they had a party for us at the Atlanta Aquarium. Its been a great visit so far and I will be back. The weather seems to have become an issue now. Thanks for the offer. If you ever find yourself in send me an email and I will do the same.

I assume you are in town for a show at the convention center, Omni hotel or another surrounding hotel property? I actually freelance doing all the technical stuff (audio/video/lighting/I.T./etc) for large corporate meetings, conventions, and concerts. In Philly right now doing the Infectious Diseases Society of America's Annual meeting. You can guess the news outlets that are here getting misquotes and other stuff out of context like they typically do :mad2:

Also above in red.... if I ever find myself in....? :dunno: LOL

Back