Atlanta Dinner -Tuesday Night

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
OK, I'm gonna make an executive decision for Tuesday night. Troy and I will meet at the Downwind at PDK at 6:45pm for dinner and aeronautical conversation. ALL are welcome. Anyone else that can come, please post. When I get a count, I'll call the restaurant and let them know.

Wish I could make it Lance. I will be headed out to Orlando on Thrusday to attend SIMCOM, but can't stop.

Best,

Dave

Shoot, Dave. We'd all trade with you in a minute. At least I would! You and Lance have fun.

I would love to guys...but I will be at a client all next week (and the week after!)

Sorry to hear that Dave. We'll catch you at the next one. I hope your wife gets better real soon. 5pm and Troy has texted me from PDK. He thinks it's a great airport already. (obviously he hasn't bought avgas there!)

Was great seeing Ken, Lance, and Dave (Lance's ex-Delta pilot friend). Good stories, view of the airport, and food/liquid refreshments.

Thanks, guys! Have a good flight today, Lance!

Sheesh! Why do I always see these things AFTER they happen? Sorry I missed you guys...

-Rich

Was great seeing Ken, Lance, and Dave (Lance's ex-Delta pilot friend). Good stories, view of the airport, and food/liquid refreshments.

Thanks, guys! Have a good flight today, Lance!
Dittos!

Troy & Lance, it was a pleasure meeting you both. Dave is a guy I could listen to for a while... learning how things used to be and events he's experienced.

Rich, I'm sorry ya didn't see the thread sooner. There were only the four of us there.

I found out later I had unknowingly blown off a couple hundred bucks in evening work. Oh well... it was more interesting having dinner with other wealthy, privileged pilots. :D

We shared our favorite images from FBOHotties.com. :)

Lance showed a Falcon 50 from Covington on his Treo. I showed a picture of some G-IV I've been parked next to a couple times with the tail number, N1EB. Other than that, no pictures.

Richard, are ya coming over to Winder on Saturday?

Did anyone take pictures?

No pictures of the people, but took a few with my cell phone of KPDK... they have a GREAT kids' play area at the base of the tower, RIGHT on the flight line. Quonset hut covered picnic tables, a "grandstand" viewing area, etc. If every airport had a viewing area like that, we'd have more kids hanging out at the airport with mom and dad. There were lots of people taking advantage of it, too.

Attachments

• KPDK Epps, playground, picnic quonset.jpg
    KPDK Epps, playground, picnic quonset.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 8
  • KPDK airplane playground toy.jpg
    KPDK airplane playground toy.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 6
  • KPDK airplane gift bag.jpg
    KPDK airplane gift bag.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
  • KPDK Bird Bath.jpg
    KPDK Bird Bath.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 8
Maybe. If the weather is flyable (I doubt it) I'm doing Young Eagles in the morning. If not I'll try to drive over to see you guys.
It just got pushed to the 28th due to weather tomorrow. Too many flying in are not instrument rated. I may take advantage of it and get in a few approaches.

So, hopefully you can make it in two weeks.

No pictures of the people, but took a few with my cell phone of KPDK... they have a GREAT kids' play area at the base of the tower, RIGHT on the flight line. Quonset hut covered picnic tables, a "grandstand" viewing area, etc. If every airport had a viewing area like that, we'd have more kids hanging out at the airport with mom and dad. There were lots of people taking advantage of it, too.
Well Troy, we know what you were up to while waiting. It's kind of odd how got the pictures of the playground. :D

Back