ATL - Delta’s ATP class

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Just finished up my commercial multi and my MEI recommended Delta’s ATP course in ATL. Anyone have experience with this or recommend it for someone still ‘relatively’ newer (~450hrs) to flying?

I’m looking at this from a continuing education perspective and to get some full motion simulator experience, not to “just get it done”.

And any recommendations on airports in the ATL area to fly into and park for 9 days?

IMG_3355.jpeg

I can’t say as I would recommend a CTP course until you’re a lot closer to your ATP, especially if you’re not going to be flying turbine airplanes in the near future.

Plus, if you wait, an employer will probably pay for it.

I agree with MauleSkinner, maybe better to wait. Sure, might be fun and interesting, but there's a whole lot of other "continuing ed" stuff you could use that money for right now. And, I don't know for sure, but is there a 2-year time limit on your graduation date, similar to a written test?

I can't think of anything in that course that is relevant to piston flying. If you just want to fly a Level D sim, Delta has a 737-200 sim in their museum.

Agreed with the above. I did my ATP/CTP (not at Delta) when I had roughly 1300hrs and a few hours of turbine time (30ish). I felt some of the information might have gone above my head when I was a 450 hour pilot (then again, you might be smarter than me...lol). I also feel I understood the turbine systems better during classroom/sim because of that added experience. Also, remember, the ATP written is only good for 5 years before you have to take the ATP checkride, so keep that in mind if you're not currently in a position where you'll meet your ATP/R-ATP mins within 5 years.

Just finished up my commercial multi and my MEI recommended Delta’s ATP course in ATL. Anyone have experience with this or recommend it for someone still ‘relatively’ newer (~450hrs) to flying?

I’m looking at this from a continuing education perspective and to get some full motion simulator experience, not to “just get it done”.

And any recommendations on airports in the ATL area to fly into and park for 9 days?

View attachment 119168
What's the price?

If you have too much money burning a hole in your pocket and have a solid plan to bang out another 1000 hours in the next year, go for it!

Back