ATC Recording - Johnstown Approach 121.2

EricVKX

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
EricVKX
My googling skills are going no where.. anyone know where I can find recordings for Johnstown Approach 121.2? I’ve used liveatc for other freq but doesn’t appear they record this.

thanks!

Live ATC is pretty much it as far as repositories for ATC live audio recordings. Your only other option is to FOIA the FAA for access to ATC audio tapes. Unless you’re obtaining the recordings for journalistic purposes, there is a cost associated with that option generally.

Live ATC is pretty much it as far as repositories for ATC live audio recordings. Your only other option is to FOIA the FAA for access to ATC audio tapes. Unless you’re obtaining the recordings for journalistic purposes, there is a cost associated with that option generally.
Understood - Thanks for the insight!

My googling skills are going no where.. anyone know where I can find recordings for Johnstown Approach 121.2? I’ve used liveatc for other freq but doesn’t appear they record this.

thanks!
So what happened?

If you're an individual (vs a commercial outfit) there are some fee waivers for FOIA requests (commercial businesses have to pay for everything). Since this is an audio file, the years-old wording (below) doesn't exactly fit, but in your request you can put that you are not willing to exceed $0.00 and they will contact you with a price before any charges occur.

• All others — The requester is an individual seeking information for personal, not-for-profit, use and does not fall into any of the three categories above. The requester pays for search time after the first two hours and the cost of duplication after the first 100 pages.

Back