ATC Jobs...

Thanks guys, I will be graduating in December so if this looks bleak I have a few other options in the works right now. I really hope I don't get enroute. I might pass if that is what Im offered.

Pass on enroute? Just transfer later if you don't like it.

Pass on enroute? Just transfer later if you don't like it.

The current transfer system would make it very difficult to do that. First I would have to make CPC than I would have to file for a transfer, which if I did it immediately after certifying makes me the bad guy and then it could be 2-3 years before I even got to transfer. Thats just between centers. Getting to terminal I would have to go back to the academy. If they would even let me.

The current transfer system would make it very difficult to do that. First I would have to make CPC than I would have to file for a transfer, which if I did it immediately after certifying makes me the bad guy and then it could be 2-3 years before I even got to transfer. Thats just between centers. Getting to terminal I would have to go back to the academy. If they would even let me.

Well I know guys who have gone through the gamut. Tower, TRACON and center. I wouldn't look at center as a death sentence.

I applied last time around and made it through the bio-q, security, and medical hoping they'd change the facility selection process prior to me getting a class date at OKC.

It's tough for a lot of people to find out their facility at graduation only to have to show up 2 weeks later. Owning a house and married to a working wife makes it much more difficult, if not impossible. I received my class date but unfortunately had to turn it down. And I've aged out at this point.

Oh well.

Well yeah...if you apply to this job, they're going to send you where they need you and not to where you've established family roots. It's like the military. If you can't accept a position in some sort of undesirable location, don't apply.

Well yeah...if you apply to this job, they're going to send you where they need you and not to where you've established family roots. It's like the military. If you can't accept a position in some sort of undesirable location, don't apply.

It hasn't always been like that. Up until a few years ago facility selection was determined prior to heading off to OKC. That at least gave people a few months to figure out housing and new jobs for spouses.

Would like to give it a try,but way to old.

Failed the biographical exam this year. I passed it last year so who knows. Heres to another year of waiting.

Failed the biographical exam this year. I passed it last year so who knows. Heres to another year of waiting.

Crap man, sorry to hear. I read that they changed the bio questions this year.

Years ago I passed all the technical / academic areas on the Navy flight test but failed bio as well. Oh well, not the end of the world. Try again next year.

I haven't found out either way. still says received. this is my last year to apply, though, so Im hoping for a miracle! if not, Im happy with my job, I just don't make as much moolah as Id like to support a flying hobby!

I haven't found out either way. still says received. this is my last year to apply, though, so Im hoping for a miracle! if not, Im happy with my job, I just don't make as much moolah as Id like to support a flying hobby!

Click on the opening and then click on additional info. it'll redirect you to Aviator where it'll either be a red exclamation point saying why you weren't selected or green saying a referral list hasn't been created yet.

...as far as an investment goes you can sign on for 4 years and have the air force train you (and house you and feed you...) so as far as getting their money's worth out of you i don't see how they would have to get 25 years out of you...

It's a mandatory 6 year commitment now in the Air Force but you come out of basic training with E-3 on your sleeve.

Thanks guys, I will be graduating in December so if this looks bleak I have a few other options in the works right now. I really hope I don't get enroute. I might pass if that is what Im offered.

I know a guy who did exactly this at age 27. He now works for BNSF and is too old to apply again. Proceed cautiously.

Click on the opening and then click on additional info. it'll redirect you to Aviator where it'll either be a red exclamation point saying why you weren't selected or green saying a referral list hasn't been created yet.

Oh, I know that. It just still says received, not reviewed.

It's a mandatory 6 year commitment now in the Air Force but you come out of basic training with E-3 on your sleeve.

Cool, in any event if Big Blue figures they can recoup their costs in six years, then in my humble opinion the retirement argument for the age requirement doesn't hold water

Interesting, I would guess you passed the bio.

That's what I'm slowly figuring out. Sweet! It sucks that the FAA requires the BQ... I would think more than a few people who would be great controllers miss out cause of a ridiculous personality test...

That's what I'm slowly figuring out. Sweet! It sucks that the FAA requires the BQ... I would think more than a few people who would be great controllers miss out cause of a ridiculous personality test...

I completely agree. I think its just a way of culling the herd. How could I pass last year and fail this year? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but welcome to the government.

yeah, I failed last year, and apparently passed this year (although Ill believe it when I get an invite to the AT-SA, or whatever is next in the process...). I don't think I changed my answers too much, either.

yeah, I failed last year, and apparently passed this year (although Ill believe it when I get an invite to the AT-SA, or whatever is next in the process...). I don't think I changed my answers too much, either.

The ATSA is supposed to be ridiculously hard, so in that aspect I don't envy you since this years hiring will be the first people to see it.

Back