ATC Initial Call-Up Reporting

This weekend my next transmission after the initial call up and cleared to land was, “Hey we were on a code coming up from Trinidad... if we’re going to do some pattern would would you prefer 1200?”

“Yeah, that’s be great! Squawk VFR.”

Controller liked me after that. Even moved me to the other runway for the full stop so I had a shorter taxi to the hangar. :)

Knowing what’s going on on both sides of the radio and workin’ as a team always works better than anything... I’ve noticed.

Go figure. :)
So 79 Mike went to Trinidad and came home as 79 Mary? :)

So 79 Mike went to Trinidad and came home as 79 Mary? :)

I’ve heard that Trinidad is no longer the sex-change capital of the U.S. Apparently the big clinic that did those moved away from there some time back, but dunno... not something I keep up on. :)

I’ve heard that Trinidad is no longer the sex-change capital of the U.S. Apparently the big clinic that did those moved away from there some time back, but dunno... not something I keep up on. :)
yeah, neither do I. The only reason I really knew anything about it was during one of my database projects, I had to do some QA testing, including duplicate SSN. Had one particular SSN assigned to "Joe Smith" and then reassigned to "Jane Doe" ... management said "that is correct."

yeah, neither do I. The only reason I really knew anything about it was during one of my database projects, I had to do some QA testing, including duplicate SSN. Had one particular SSN assigned to "Joe Smith" and then reassigned to "Jane Doe" ... management said "that is correct."

Yeah. The nickname stuck, though. Trim-a-dad. ;)

Back