ATC hiring

I know a few guys who are prior military that are applying for giggles. We will see what happens...

Damn.....

There goes our current crop of qualified Serco tower guys here..:mad::mad::mad2:

I know a few guys who are prior military that are applying for giggles. We will see what happens...

Yeah, I know some older former military ATC guys wondering if they can get in over the 30 yr limit. It's kinda confusing the way it's written. It makes it sound like if you were hired by DOD before 31 yrs old they would qualify. Gotta have an SF-50 whatever that is.

Yeah, I know some older former military ATC guys wondering if they can get in over the 30 yr limit. It's kinda confusing the way it's written. It makes it sound like if you were hired by DOD before 31 yrs old they would qualify. Gotta have an SF-50 whatever that is.

Doesn't that have to do with the Phoenix program? Im not really sure. Most of these guys are looking into it for those of us who can't apply yet to see what the Bio Q is like (if there is one) and who gets in and what not.

There will be another bid for OTS and CTI (a.k.a. anyone) in March.

Doesn't that have to do with the Phoenix program? Im not really sure. Most of these guys are looking into it for those of us who can't apply yet to see what the Bio Q is like (if there is one) and who gets in and what not.

I don't know. I remember that program being around in 2000 but I thought they got rid of it???

I don't know. I remember that program being around in 2000 but I thought they got rid of it???

The FAA is desperate I wouldn't put them past bringing it back quickly. Almost every facility is understaffed already and the last round of hiring is going to see the highest academy fail rate yet which further compounds the problem.

I have applications in for the FAA's controller training contract in OKC. Looks like a lot of companies have their hat in the ring including Raytheon and SAIC who say that they expect it to be awarded April 2015.

The FAA is desperate I wouldn't put them past bringing it back quickly. Almost every facility is understaffed already and the last round of hiring is going to see the highest academy fail rate yet which further compounds the problem.

Can you elaborate on the academy fail rate comment?

Can you elaborate on the academy fail rate comment?

Kinda common sense. Let me clarify one thing first though, Im not saying that an off the street hire cannot make an excellent controller. So in essence the people going to the academy after the last hire are almost all off the street hires, this means few CTI and military hires. CTI and military hires have a pass rate over 90% and the academy is fairly easy for them (generally speaking). An OTS who has very little experience in aviation has a much higher chance of failing out of the academy. I can't give you numbers but I would expect a much higher turnover in the academy.

The academy is a serious program. 2 months of fairly rigorous and fast paced training. People without experience are going to be less successful.

Kinda common sense. Let me clarify one thing first though, Im not saying that an off the street hire cannot make an excellent controller. So in essence the people going to the academy after the last hire are almost all off the street hires, this means few CTI and military hires. CTI and military hires have a pass rate over 90% and the academy is fairly easy for them (generally speaking). An OTS who has very little experience in aviation has a much higher chance of failing out of the academy. I can't give you numbers but I would expect a much higher turnover in the academy.

The academy is a serious program. 2 months of fairly rigorous and fast paced training. People without experience are going to be less successful.

There's actually an article out on that subject. I'll try and find it but basically the failure rate and overall performance of OTS was below Military & CTI at the academy.

Can't be all that hard though. My brother was # 1 in his class.:D

Back