For Sale ATC FERRY PILOT STORY

Bill Greenwood

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Greenwood
Free! to a good home, how's that for a deal?

The memoirs of a British ATC pilot, the parallel agency to the RAF that delivered all types of planes to the RAF bases during the war. He writes with insight with details and lots of wry British humor, for example his first trip was in a Tiger Moth and he said he had forgotten how cold it could be so had not dressed for it and "was just praying for the flight to end like a leg of mutton waiting for the refrigerator door to open."
There's lots of different types flown, he loved Spitfires, and lots of Pubs discussed. Great story especially if you are British.

May I have it? I'm a reader and always looking for another good story and aviation is just icing on the cake.

I didn't get any PM. I don't see how to receive or send one on here, maybe its me, not too up on IT

OK tried again this morning. If you don't see it, to send a private message, click on my name in box to left, there click on "Start conversation" and compose your message and click send.

Just curious, but what’s the name and author of the book? Always on the lookout for a good story.

flyer, I think the author is Mcdonald , the reason I m not sure is it doesn't really say, just have to judge by photo. I have the paper copy, sent to me by a friend.
By the way, I haven't met Mary Ellis, but years ago I took an ATA lady pilot flying and as part of the briefing ,I asked her to be a 2nd set of eyes to make sure I didn't forget the landing gear. She said, "Young man, do you forget it often?" I asked her what her favorite plane was and she said a Lancaster was great, but her number one was the Griffon Spitfire which "had a lovely kick in the ass when you opened the throttle." This from a little old lady in her 70s.

Thanks chaps, I’ve added it to my Kindle.

flyer, I think the author is Mcdonald , the reason I m not sure is it doesn't really say, just have to judge by photo. I have the paper copy, sent to me by a friend.
Wonder if it's this guy:
ata.jpg

http://ata.afleetingpeace.org/the-ata/index.php/9-lists/2-ata-men-1940

Ron Wanttaja

Back