At least she said yes

NC Pilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
NC Pilot
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news734827.html

A proposal in a Cessna 127. Now, that is news.

Now for the quote of the day:
“The left wing hit the ground and spun the nose into the pavement,” Mathews said. “They’re lucky they were so low when it stalled.”

Yeah, no telling what would have happened if the plane had stalled higher and been able to recover.:dunno: :rolleyes:

News reporting at it's best.

Don't blame the reporter for the "so low" comment - the airport MANAGER said that...

*sigh*

Dude....this is an omen if I ever saw one.....

RUN...:eek:

Greg
182RG

[FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]“He said, ‘Don’t tell my wife because I don’t want her driving all the way out here tonight.'"

...so they published it!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Frank Browne said:
127...128...whatever it takes.

Frank, what's that from?? That (or something similar) is from some movie - I just canNOT remember what!!

:)

etsisk said:
Frank, what's that from?? That (or something similar) is from some movie - I just canNOT remember what!!

:)

Mr Mom. During the dream sequence the Boss asks "What did you use...a .38?" She replies..."38...39 whatever it takes."

One of my favorite lines. I use it a lot!

Frank Browne said:
Mr Mom. During the dream sequence the Boss asks "What did you use...a .38?" She replies..."38...39 whatever it takes."

One of my favorite lines. I use it a lot!
Which in turn was based on when Keaton is asked about what kind of power line he ran during a remodel job - the boss asks if he ran 220, and Keaton says, "yeah 220, 230, whatever it takes" ;)

Greebo said:
Which in turn was based on when Keaton is asked about what kind of power line he ran during a remodel job - the boss asks if he ran 220, and Keaton says, "yeah 220, 230, whatever it takes" ;)

You're right. I knew there were two similar lines in that movie, but I couldn't remember the other one.

Frank Browne said:
You're right. I knew there were two similar lines in that movie, but I couldn't remember the other one.
My wife is perpetually amazed by how I can remember stupid lines from movies, tv shows, even commercials, but can't remember what she told me the day before about someone coming to dinner...

Greebo said:
My wife is perpetually amazed by how I can remember stupid lines from movies, tv shows, even commercials, but can't remember what she told me the day before about someone coming to dinner...

LOL! I know what you mean. My soon to be ex says I can almost carry on a complete conversation using Jimmy Buffett lyrics. What can I say...I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Parrott Head. :yes:

My cousin and I can do the same with Monty Python quotes.

She doesn't let me invite my cousin over anymore...

I get "you can remember passwords for dozens of accounts on dozens of systems, and you can't remember ..." (fill in the blank)

gkainz said:
I get "you can remember passwords for dozens of accounts on dozens of systems, and you can't remember ..." (fill in the blank)
Amen, brother.

Now, I only remember two passwords. One to my laptop and one to my Keepass. I auto generate all of my passwords anymore. I don't even know what they are. Then I keep a copy of my keepass database in a couple of places (USB key, iPod, etc.).

I even make PDFs out of things like my credit report and keep them in there as attachments.

It sure has simplified things. And now I also don't have to worry about somebody running a Web site knowing what my password is. Any password they know is only good at their site.

Being an IT guy myself, I can tell you that it is absolutely amazing how many people use 1) "password" 2) <fill in name of local sports team> 3) <fill in kids name> 4) <fill in pets name>.

One time I guessed a lady's password by the letters that were worn off on her laptop (her daugher's name). She didn't like that very much. How long do you suppose that had been her password if her keys were worn? (and in how many places?)

FlyNE said:
Amen, brother.

Now, I only remember two passwords. One to my laptop and one to my Keepass. I auto generate all of my passwords anymore. I don't even know what they are. Then I keep a copy of my keepass database in a couple of places (USB key, iPod, etc.).

I even make PDFs out of things like my credit report and keep them in there as attachments.

It sure has simplified things. And now I also don't have to worry about somebody running a Web site knowing what my password is. Any password they know is only good at their site.

Being an IT guy myself, I can tell you that it is absolutely amazing how many people use 1) "password" 2) <fill in name of local sports team> 3) <fill in kids name> 4) <fill in pets name>.

One time I guessed a lady's password by the letters that were worn off on her laptop (her daugher's name). She didn't like that very much. How long do you suppose that had been her password if her keys were worn? (and in how many places?)

Oh, I love how people who work for a company will use the company's name as their password.

NC Pilot said:
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news734827.html

A proposal in a Cessna 127. Now, that is news.

Now for the quote of the day:
“The left wing hit the ground and spun the nose into the pavement,” Mathews said. “They’re lucky they were so low when it stalled.”

Yeah, no telling what would have happened if the plane had stalled higher and been able to recover.:dunno: :rolleyes:

News reporting at it's best.

Least they could have done was to join the MHC first....

wsuffa said:
Least they could have done was to join the MHC first....

I was thinking just the opposite, so as to avoid the risk of reproduction, at least on the part of the PIC.

FlyNE said:
Is the MHC expressed in feet AGL or MSL? :dunno:
Doesn't matter as long as the statistical error band is +/-6". :rofl:

Greebo said:
Movies I know too much about:
Office Space
Holy Grail
Dr. Strangelove
Young Frankenstein
Airplane
etc.

Through the wall: "Don't worry, man. I won't tell anyone about this either." :D

Back