At least he didn't blame GA this time....

I saw Altria's G-V taxiing down the ramp a few weeks ago. I said, "WTF am I doing in this spam can?!"

Having done the (international) ride in a G-IV, and domestic rides in G-IV, Citation-X, and Citation-II, I can assure you that your comment was not misplaced.

Oh, by the way, AA announced today that they're increasing mileage requirements for frequent flyer awards AND they're instituting a $5 fee to book award travel online. So you have a choice: pay the $5 online, or $20+ to book by phone. Another nickel in the pile of nickles and dimes.

My apologies, then. I hate the online tool here, and have personal relationships with two of the travel agents (one who does all of my international work -- I can spout off cities and desired routing and 30 minutes later, I've got fully priced and booked tickets) and the cost to the corporation is far less than if I had to spend 30+ minutes manually setting up all of my trips.

I need more international travel, though. I'm missing EXP :(

Cheers,

-Andrew
We used to have that and it was great. I would call tell them what I wanted when I needed to go and return and be done. But for cost cutting measures I know spend 1 to 2 hours having to plan and book my flights. SMART!!!

Oh, by the way, AA announced today that they're increasing mileage requirements for frequent flyer awards AND they're instituting a $5 fee to book award travel online. So you have a choice: pay the $5 online, or $20+ to book by phone. Another nickel in the pile of nickles and dimes.
I am lifetime platinum, won't really affect me except to reduce the amount of people going for upgrades :D

I am lifetime platinum, won't really affect me except to reduce the amount of people going for upgrades :D

That's where you're wrong. Only EPs get the fee waived:

A $20 USD Award Service Fee per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our reservations offices and a $30 USD Award Service Fee per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our Travel Centers or airport agents.

A $5 USD Award Processing Fee applies per person to award reservations ticketed via AA.com. AAdvantage Executive Platinum® members using miles from their account and members subject to AAdvantage Award Fees are exempt from the Award Processing Fee.

...until you become an unpaid creditor in the next bankruptcy filing.

Last edited:
Having done the (international) ride in a G-IV, and domestic rides in G-IV, Citation-X, and Citation-II, I can assure you that your comment was not misplaced.

Exactly. If I can just make our portfolio assessment model (which is EVA based) work with Black-Scholes, I'll be one step closer (said the finance nerd in total denial)

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back