At home heart monitor

woodchucker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
woodchucker
Looking for recommendations. Prefer yours over that on Amazon. The cuff type. Already have watch monitor for rate and O2.

You mean for exercising? Polar is good. Never had any problems with them other than connecting to equipment at different gyms.

“Cuff type” implies for blood pressure. No specific recommendation - lots of decent brands out there.

Maybe ask your doctor/cardiologist what they recommend?

My doctor recommended an Omron unit for checking my BP. Mine uses a cuff and has been accurate and reliable for a few years now. Your doctor's office can verify the accuracy for you.

Are you looking for something for an EKG like KardiaMobile or KardiaBand?

Thanks all. The reviews are all over the place with these things. I’ll have a closer look at the Omron brand @Daleandee

Thanks all. The reviews are all over the place with these things. I’ll have a closer look at the Omron brand @Daleandee
If you can find the older Omron software somewhere, it will let you print from your PC. The newer software insists on sending your data back to the mothership. Not for me, but the monitor works fine. I just write down the readings.

Edit: They don't make my old model any more...it connected with usb. Obsolete as a Dodo bird now.

Last edited:
I've got an Omron one. Seems to work as well as any of the home automatic units.

I recommend the cheapest omron you can find. One that measures the bicep. Not the wrist. Wrist can be unreliable especially as we age.

Back