Astoundingly good service at KHRJ (Erwin, NC)

coma24

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
coma24
Warren Aviation @ KHRJ - Harnett Regional Jetport.

Stopped their twice as a fuel stop on a NJ/FL round trip. Friendliest service I've ever had and the gas is $4.78/gal. It's listed as self service, but they do it all for you anyway.

- Crew car is available.
- They are taking photos of pilots with their planes, turning the pictures into ornaments and using them to decorate their Christmas tree.
- Manager was heading out to lunch with some of the staff, invited me along and when I declined due to time constraints then offered to bring something back.
- they called ahead to my destination (an unrelated FBO in Florida) and arranged for a cab to be waiting

Most importantly, the line guy welcomed me as a brand new customer and said he was happy I was there (he was sincere) then welcomed me on the return stop on the way home.

It's not easy to find sincere, enthusiastic service like this. They are pricing their fuel aggressively and are happy to support GA.

This is my new fuel stop for trips to/from FL and GA.

Oh, and after they take the tree down, they're offering to mail the ornaments to all the pilots.

Last edited:
Of course, this is the guy who wrote himself a glowing recommendation on the EAAFORUMS and got promptly caught out for it.

Warren Aviation @ KHRJ - Harnett Regional Jetport.

Stopped their twice as a fuel stop on a NJ/FL round trip. Friendliest service I've ever had and the gas is $4.78/gal. It's listed as self service, but they do it all for you anyway.

- Crew car is available.
- They are taking photos of pilots with their planes, turning the pictures into ornaments and using them to decorate their Christmas tree.
- Manager was heading out to lunch with some of the staff, invited me along and when I declined due to time constraints then offered to bring something back.
- they called ahead to my destination (an unrelated FBO in Florida) and arranged for a cab to be waiting

Most importantly, the line guy welcomed me as a brand new customer and said he was happy I was there (he was sincere) then welcomed me on the return stop on the way home.

It's not easy to find sincere, enthusiastic service like this. They are pricing their fuel aggressively and are happy to support GA.

This is my new fuel stop for trips to/from FL and GA.

Oh, and after they take the tree down, their offering to mail the ornaments to all the pilots.

Add your comments to AirNav. ;)

That's odd. Link?

Hal, the admin there removed it because it doesn't permit such advertising even if it had been truthful.

If on operator wants to promote his business, I'm more inclined if he posts "Come on down, I got cheap gas, and I'll give you a cup of coffee" or whatever rather than inventing "I recently visited..." subterfuge.

Absolutely agreed. I'm just surprised he/she would do that, seems out of character with the people I met at the FBO. Any chance it was before the new management came in? If the gas price was < $5/gal, then it was after new management (one of the first things they did was cut the fuel from $6+ down to $4.80)

Ron, if you mean that the owner of the HRJ FBO posted his own review, its under new management as of.. a month ago?

Unfortunately I did hear that they ran the glider club off of the field. Not sure how long ago that happened, or if it was a result of the new FBO management.

Last edited:
Ron, if you mean that the owner of the HRJ FBO posted his own review, its under new management as of.. a month ago?

Unfortunately I did hear that they ran the glider club off of the field. Not sure how long ago that happened, or if it was a result of the new FBO management.

Nope, it was five days ago. The name on the account was JPUSSER who appears to run the FBO.

I brought the issue up with management at Warren Aviation and have invited them to post here to set the record straight. As I said, the behavior FlyingRon mentions sounds like it might have been from previous management, something that prospective pilots should know, either way.

I stand corrected, if the user was JPusser, then that is the current management. Not sure what happened exactly, but I stand by my review based on my experience at the field on both visits.

Back