Assault with... Salt!

That's pretty bad. I believe it coming from Georgia though. Isn't that where the girl was arrested in the drive through because the cop thought she had given him the wrong change (video showed she hadn't)?

Nevermind, it was Dayton, OH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHyuWgir8U

BTW - I respect the hell out of cops, but this is a case where that cop would have a broken nose and about 4 missing teeth if I were involved. And it'd all be on video, and I'm fairly confident his dumbass would not have a case against me, as it is cleary self defense against a power hungry aggressor. Watching that video upsets me so much, because cops are entrusted to protect us, not enslave us. Most are good, but the power that the bad has, in this situation (and the OP's situation), literally makes me sick to my stomach.

And the fact that we have no real recourse if there doesn't happen to be a video camera running makes it worse.

This is what should have happened in that McDonalds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKK9EjEEG_Q&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
There was a follow up story.

The girl on the grill told the manager she spilled the salt on a bunch of burgers. They shook the salt off and she was told to serve them.

She also has no way to know who was in the drive-through lane.

I give up. Seriously. That's it...that's the sign that society is doomed.

"I didn't get enough special sauce...you're in trouble now!!!!"

It's my opinion that a public official that abuses his/her authority (prosecutors in North Carolina, anyone?) ought to be eligible for the same penalty as the person he she wrongfully arrests/charges.

I'm not about wrongful arrests that were justifiable at the time or were honest mistakes. I'm talking about the flagrant abuses of authority.

Heck, I'd be happy with some accountability. Too often the only accountability is suspension with pay - vacation.

Counselor, you make perfect sense.

Nevah happen, though, will it?

The longer I practice law, the more confused I become.

The longer I practice law, the more confused I become.

I know what you mean. For me, it's not so much confusion as disillusion (said with Cajun Man accent). I will say, however, that all of the judges I know are good people. So, at least we've got that going for us.

The arrest report reads, "It appeared to have been dumped on the whole hamburger on purpose."

Oh, I see. He was the Thought Police. It was a hate crime.

How the hell are they supposed to know which person gets the burger, anyway? Aren't they all under the lights and they just grab the first one there?

How the hell are they supposed to know which person gets the burger, anyway? Aren't they all under the lights and they just grab the first one there?

Bingo! The girl on the grill can't even see the customers, much less in the drive through.

The charge was misdemeanor reckless conduct. Well, I'd say eating at Mickey D's constitutes reckless conduct in its own right. So did the cop arrest himself as well?

The charge was misdemeanor reckless conduct. Well, I'd say eating at Mickey D's constitutes reckless conduct in its own right. So did the cop arrest himself as well?
I should mention... of the few municipal tickets issued to me, one was in Union City. He was using good ole fashion radar in moderate traffic. I wouldn't have a prayer of winning that one short of a grand in legal expense.

Well, since Leslie's home in bed now with apparent food poisoning from Chicken McNuggets & Fries (gobbled down on her way to an FAA seminar), I'd have to agree with that!

Well, since Leslie's home in bed now with apparent food poisoning from Chicken McNuggets & Fries (gobbled down on her way to an FAA seminar), I'd have to agree with that!

I had a bout the next day with the $5 whole roast chicken from Costco. I think I let it sit too long - in the fridge as soon as I got home - before I ate it. . Not buying one of those again.

Back