Aspiring Pilot looking for some advice

Kyle_07

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kyle_07
My name is Kyle. I am a South African citizen that has lived and will be graduating with their 4 year BBA in April 2024, in Ontario Canada. I wanted to get some advice on my journey to becoming a airline pilot.

As a South African, I have been in Canada on a student visa. As I now look to start my flight training, I am interested in training in the USA, and Canada as my 2nd choice. However, to the best of my research abilities, the flight schools with which I have enquired all require their students to be US citizens or have a green card. I have neither. Some of the flights schools I have enquired with are ATP, ETFA, SATC, Skyborne AND Wayman.

So my question to you is do you know of any flight schools that have an accelerated program, beginning with zero experience, that is available to international students? I am particularly interested in airline academies, if possible.

I would appreciate any advice on this matter, and any advice in general for an aspiring pilot, who dreams of taking the skies and building a career I can be proud of.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

You can't train in the US without an appropriate visa. It doesn't take a permanent residence, but you can't use a B1/B2 to do it. It takes either an F1 (degree granting college) or M1 (trade school). Note, that you can't work (other than late in the F1 game) on these visas, so you're expected to be able to demonstrate being able to afford to pay for both the training and your living expenses while here.

No US airline is going to hire someone who doesn't already have work authorization either.

Back