Aspen firmware 2.12 unlocks Altitude select for TruTrak / Aerocruze 100

Lynn Dixon

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
CubedRoot
Saw this announced:

https://www.avweb.com/avionics/faa-...n-gfc600-integration-software/?MailingID=1217

Aspen finally released a firmware for the EFD1000 and E5 units that FINALLY allows us to use the altitude selector on the Aspen to send desired altitude information to the TruTrak Vizion / Aerocruze 100 Autopilots. I've been waiting on this since 2018-2019 when they promised their "tight integration".

Unfortunately, they decided to charge us an additional $995 to get the "feature", which will likely be a Micro SD card that is shipped to your installer.

In addition to the chip, you may have to upgrade / install an acu2. I’m not familiar with the Trutrak integration, so I could be wrong.

What a joke. So glad I didn’t bite when they were hawking their “fully integrated system” together at OshKosh in 2018 - went with TruTrak and dual G5s instead and got instant heading and altitude select at no extra cost. I get that things take time to work through but to charge another $1k when it was promoted so heavily is terrible form.

So has anybody upgraded yet? I am on the fence on either a G5 or a E5 setup, and I already have a Trutrak installed which preforms wonderfully. It seems like the G5 setup is the safer option, but I've always preferred the E5's screen.

Staying with my av-30's, no need to change
img_0478-jpg.114849

Back