Aspen EFD1000 Trouble

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
So our Aspen has been acting up lately. I've had multiple reports by club members that it randomly reboots in flight. It will just go blank, and then go through the boot up routine. In one case it was reported to have done this three times in a row.

We did have the internal battery replaced at annual, so I don't know if this is a power issue. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues and where to look to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

I was one of the first buyer of Aspen and I am on my 3 rd replacement now ( no problem for last 5 years I guess third time is a charm) First on was replaced under warranty and current one I paid 1200 something for OH unit. Turned out the antennas in early ones had issues and I now have new antenna. Most likely a display issue or if you had it installed prior to 2012 consider the antenna issue.

Aspens going to aspen

I was one of the first buyer of Aspen and I am on my 3 rd replacement now ( no problem for last 5 years I guess third time is a charm) First on was replaced under warranty and current one I paid 1200 something for OH unit. Turned out the antennas in early ones had issues and I now have new antenna. Most likely a display issue or if you had it installed prior to 2012 consider the antenna issue.

I'm not sure when it was installed (Pete has the logbooks) but we bought the plane in October of 2013 and it was in the plane when we bought it. So, there's a chance...

Sigh. Troubleshooting and fixing things is dead. The geniuses at Aspen declared out 2010 an ancient POS, but we can get a refurb for 2.4AMU. Hooray...

Sigh. Troubleshooting and fixing things is dead. The geniuses at Aspen declared out 2010 an ancient POS, but we can get a refurb for 2.4AMU. Hooray...

Well, the last shred of hope they had of ever selling me another one is gone.

Back