Aspen and Flight Director

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
I realize a flight director is an autopilot device,but I fail to see why an Aspen unit, which has all of the required information either directly input into it, or derives it itself with its myriad of sensors that are part of it, cannot have a nice set of flight director command bars as part of its display when in some course tracking mode with course and altitude set.

I needed to save a little money when I installed everything, so I opted for an STEC 30 with altitude hold. Unfortunately, that does not allow for a flight director link to the Aspen unit. Those command bars are really nice, even when the autopilot is not engaged.

Besides not being programmed for it, is there any reason they could not add this functionality?

Maybe so you'll buy the Aspen "pro" or whatever the next step up is which has that feature.

Heck check this thing out, 1400 bucks and does almost everything the ASPEN does, sadly it's destroyed somewhat by FAA's red tape.

http://grtavionics.com/mini-ga.html

SNAP0157.PNG

Aspen is busy working on the ADSB update,they also did the synthetic vision won't be long before they have a box with the flight director ability. They know are pushing a twin unit display.

As was mentioned above, probably not available due to priority of other projects. I saw with the emergence of AoA indicators, they moved pretty quickly to get their version working.

I agree with you about the flight director on the Aspen. I have it with my STEC 60-2.

155e6003d7b744344d2ef72445e275c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back