Aspen 1000 question

Betmerick

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Betmerick
I'm thinking my Aspen is a basic 1000 model. It has the TAS, HSI, and wind but it doesn't have the altitude reminder at the top right of the unit on the altitude tape. I would like that for approaches.

Is there a software upgrade for this or do I need to upgrade to the Pro Max?

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 26
You may need to check the menu set up. I think the selection is in general menu C

I’ll be in my plane to check that out tomorrow. I have the Aspen without the recent max update.
03488BB0-D697-4230-A32A-141835138F51.jpeg

Last edited:
I did not think there was a different model available pre-max other than the 1000 pro for many years unless it is pretty recent. If it is a pro (also more likely since you have an hsi), not only should you have the altitude alerter upper right on the second press of the lower right knob, but you should have a minimums window appear on the upper attitude indicator after pressing the second button on the right next to the hsi below the menu button which then becomes altitude adjustable after activation or later on the third press of the lower right knob.

Edit: After looking at Gary’s Aspen, that minimums button on the right is next to the “Min,” if you can ultimately get it through the menu.

Last edited:
Back