ASA VS SHEPPARD FOR AIRLINE ATP EXAM

FlyingColo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingColo
Hey guys ... quick question I live overseas and the airline told me I need to prepare for an exam, they said it was like an ATP exam and the questions were based off of ASA materials. However, I have heard that Sheppard was by far a better study guide for preparing for the ATP exams. So, my question is, are the materials in them both relatively similar and I would be better served by using Sheppard since it seems to have a better review, or should I take the ASA method since that is what this airlines exam is based on?

Sheppard is by far the best for Rote memorization of the FAA written exams.

Sheppard is by far the best for Rote memorization of the FAA written exams.

Thanks Sam, but is the information in both materials more or less the same? I was told the exams were based on the ASA ATP materials, but I assume they will be more or less similar, what do you think?

Thanks Sam, but is the information in both materials more or less the same? I was told the exams were based on the ASA ATP materials, but I assume they will be more or less similar, what do you think?

Is it an FAA ATP exam, or an Airline specific exam? If Airline, Which one?

Is it an FAA ATP exam, or an Airline specific exam? If Airline, Which one?

No, its not the FAA ATP, its a small airline in Argentina, so the exam is in English, but I was told it was based on the ASA ATP book. I really hate reading books or questions only so I was considering Sheppard, but my question is, is the information the same in all of the study guides?

No, its not the FAA ATP, its a small airline in Argentina, so the exam is in English, but I was told it was based on the ASA ATP book. I really hate reading books or questions only so I was considering Sheppard, but my question is, is the information the same in all of the study guides?

No, most are geared towards either the FAA exams or the Airline exams. For Airline Exams, they focus on the US regional carriers.

I have no idea what Argentina airlines base theirs on.. If they tell you ASA, then buy ASA..

Either way, there are probably errors and the issue is figuring out which study set has more errors.

Back