Display Name

Display name:
Steve's Archer
Price reduced! ASA CX-2 Pathfinder E6B Flight Computer - Free Shipping

ASA Pathfinder Flight Computer [CX-2]

Lightly used, in like-new condition

Includes the cover
The manual is available as a PDF file for free on the internet
Looking to get $55 $50 (reduced), includes free shipping.

ASA's electronic flight computer takes advantage of advances in display and microcomputer technologies for better performance and price.

A menu of 34 functions gives users access to 40 aviation calculations, including weight and balance, with these features:

• May be used for FAA and Canadian Exams
    The CX-2 complies with Advisory Circular (AC) 60-11, Test Aids and Materials that May be Used by Airman Knowledge Testing Applicants. Users may bring the CX-2 with them to the testing centers for all pilot, mechanic, dispatcher, and FAA exams.
  • Numerous Aviation Functions
    Aviators can calculate true airspeed, ground speed, mach number, altitudes, fuel, headings and courses, time/speed/distance, winds, headwind/crosswind components, gliding information, and weight and balance. Users can change variables and recompute without re-entering the whole problem.
  • User Friendly
    The large, easy-to-read LCD screen displays prompts for fast and easy operation. Inputs and outputs are labeled and numbers are displayed with units. The menu organization reflects how a flight is normally planned and executed. This results in a natural flow from one function to the next with a minimum of keystrokes.
  • Ergonomic Design
    The CX-2 features a simple keyboard and slim design. The hard-plastic carrying case protects the computer inside the flight bag, and fits on the back of the unit for storage while the computer is in use.
  • Unit Conversions
    The CX-2 has 16 unit conversions, including reciprocal conversions for nautical and statute miles, nautical miles and kilometers, feet and meters, pounds and kilograms, gallons and liters, time in H:M:S and decimal formats, Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures, and millibars and inches of mercury.
  • Timers and Clocks
    The CX-2 has two timers: a stopwatch that counts up, and a count down timer. The internal clock displays both local and UTC time and will keep time with the calculator turned off.
  • Interactive Functions
    Functions can be used together in "chain" calculations, where the answer to a preceding problem is automatically entered into subsequent problems. Standard mathematical calculations and conversions can be performed within each aviation function. The CX-2 uses four AAA batteries (included).
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
For someone who wants a electronic E6B calculator that is permitted into the examination room, this model is a good choice. I found it a bit easier to use than the Sporty's version.

I have a CX-2 in a drawer somewhere for exactly the same reason (taking the instrument written). I'd probably offer it up for sale if I knew where I stuffed the thing after the last time I took that exam.

For my inflight use (mostly computing winds/TAS) I use an app on the iPhone (obviously NOT permitted in the testing room).

Tempting. I'm in the midst of my IFR training and will be taking the written here soon. My luck I'll buy it and not have a single question on my exam I'll need it for just because I bought it!

The lasergrade test station had an electronic E6 built in to it but I still brought my CX2 because I was familiar with it's operation. You can be assured there will be at least one flight planning question on the exam that requires at least a calculator if not the wind side of the E6 (or it's electronic equivalent).

Still available. I'll take $50 for it, including shipping.

I'll buy it. I'll be thinking about the IFR written before long and I do hate the manual E6B. :D I'll send you a PM.

Back