As requested...

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
An update (although not much of one):

I'm feeling much better. No more achiness when I move, but of course, my jaw and arm hurt like a mother. Right now, its looking like only a few more weeks for the wired jaw (thank god), and probably 8-10 months on the arm.

The bruises on my chest and stomach are mostly healing now, just hues of yellow and nastiness. The bruises on my face are starting to turn deeper purple, like thet would right before they start healing, and the wounds from the entry of the wires are probably going to stay open until they're removed.

As soon as the bruises on my face heal, I'll take some pictures. Believe me when I say no one wants to see the ugly puss of mine in the condition it is in right now.

Doctor's appointment on Monday should help determine a better idea of how long it'll be before my jaw is better. I miss chewing stuff.

glad you're getting some forward momentum on this mess, Nick. Hang in there. Waiting to feel better is just frustrating as hell. :)

Nick - glad to hear you're on the healing path. Hang in there.

Amazing how things like chewing become big deals. After I had jaw surgery, I became 'the blender queen' for a while... the most basic and simple of textures will taste great when you're back in the saddle.

Leslie

As soon as the bruises on my face heal, I'll take some pictures. Believe me when I say no one wants to see the ugly puss of mine in the condition it is in right now.
Take some pictures now, but don't post them. If they ever catch the guy, they'll be good to show the jury!

Glad you're hangin' in there!:yes:

Nick - glad to hear you're on the healing path. Hang in there.

Amazing how things like chewing become big deals. After I had jaw surgery, I became 'the blender queen' for a while... the most basic and simple of textures will taste great when you're back in the saddle.

Leslie

How many margaritas did you make after you had jaw surgery. ;)

Hey Nick, that's good to hear! :yes:

What were the extent of the injuries to your arm and what kind of rehab will you need?

Thanks for the update. Glad you're on the mend. :)

Thanks to everyone! Arm was a compound fracture of some portion of my arm (I'll have to look at the paperwork to tell you exactly what the name of the portion of the arm is broken) with some nerve damage.

Rehab has been described to me as a rehab to be able to open my jaw again, with measurements. For the arm, I don't know specifically, but it will invole some local rehab clinic. I hope it doesn't suck (and I hope it doesn't smell like old person and ben gay, as it did when I did back rehab a few years ago).

glad to hear you are on the mend and are keeping a good perspective about all this. Did that girl ever contact you?

Rehab has been described to me as a rehab to be able to open my jaw again, with measurements. For the arm, I don't know specifically, but it will invole some local rehab clinic. I hope it doesn't suck (and I hope it doesn't smell like old person and ben gay, as it did when I did back rehab a few years ago).

You should see if your Doc can prescribe a pleasant looking female rehab therapist to provide incentive for a complete recovery.

In any case it appears that you'll be ready for Gastons 2009.

Placebo? Nah, I got the real stuff.

Doctor's appointment two days ago revealed that I am 3 weeks from getting the wires removed in my jaw, provided I continue to heal the way I have been.

That will be phenominal.

Remember,
"Drugs will get you through times of no sex better than sex will get you through times of no drugs.":goofy:

I missed something here. What happened to Nick. It sounds like a motorcyle accident?

hit by a drunk driver Paul

Hit and run. Nick was quite the hero. No kidding. He sacrificed himself for another and took the full brunt of a vehicle hitting his body and is now healing from pretty severe injuries.

Last edited:
glad to hear you are on the mend and are keeping a good perspective about all this. Did that girl ever contact you?

I did, in fact, not see this, and I thank Scott for pointing it out.

No, she never contacted me, and to be honest, I'm okay with that. Having to deal with the emotions of a woman would be too hard right now. Maybe someday in the future.

Grant, Thanks for the link. They need to find the driver. He/She needs some time in prison. Hit and run, what a coward!

Maybe we find the driver, give him/her flying lessons.

Without a parachute.

"Now, you're a-gonna have to flap those arms REAL HARD if'n you don't wanna go, 'Splat!'"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back