As God is my witness.....

Ha...and you thought the 2008 crash was bad...

Scary part is that these people are actually in charge.

Bring in a modern version of the WPA. If you want to stimulate the economy, don't give money away, make them work for it. Teach a man to fish and all.

Ha...and you thought the 2008 crash was bad...
Even though there was that silicone material poured into the engines, I did at least get nearly a year's worth of decent inventory over the span of a few months at nearly zero cost.

This is NOT a radical idea - the economic stimulus act of 2008 included Tax Rebates to all those below a certain income level. Essentially the same thing.
A response to, not a cause of, the crash of 2008.
Y'all have short memories and like to cast political aspersions freely. :rolleyes:

This is NOT a radical idea - the economic stimulus act of 2008 included Tax Rebates to all those below a certain income level. Essentially the same thing. :rolleyes:

Exactly...but the logic that more people spending more money at Walmart is going to create an bolstering economic environment and increasing wages for more people to be able to afford a Cirrus SR22 and GA expenses (trying to keep it outta SZ territory) is the sad part.

Exactly...but the logic that more people spending more money at Walmart is going to create an bolstering economic environment and increasing wages for more people to be able to afford a Cirrus SR22 and GA expenses (trying to keep it outta SZ territory) is the sad part.
Huh?
What in the world has GA to do with any of this????

Do they fly themselves?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) —If the U.S. economy turns south in a big way, helicopters could be dropping cash over your neighborhood -- courtesy of the Federal Reserve.

I'm amazed they side inflation as a downside to this.

I'll just water my money tree.

This worked really "well" in Zimbabwe :rolleyes:

Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

Did someone spoof the onion?

Now the actual thing was done before. 200/2002 or thereabouts everyone got a no questions asked $350 check.

What is needed for a robust and growing economy is stability. When the USG keeps meddling, no one can implement a 5 or 10 year plan with any hope of it paying off. Constant government interference discourages investment and hiring.

The US has plenty of innovative, hard working people. Stop throwing banana peels in front of them every six months and astonishing things will happen. New technologies will appear, new industries will be born, important problems will be solved, employment will rise, and the country will flourish.

But it won't happen because politicians won't be able to take credit.

Back