As God is my witness....

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
I know this guy will have wings...

Bill Dial, who wrote the famous "WKRP in Cincinnati" turkey drop episode, died June 2 at his home in South Carolina. He was 66.

Probably one of the best sitcom episode's of all time...

Les Nessman: "Still no parachutes... They can't be skydivers... They look like... OH MY GOD THEY'RE TURKEYS! THEY'RE FALLING RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY! THEY'RE HITTING THE PAVEMENT LIKE SACKS OF WET CEMENT! ONE JUST WENT THROUGH THE WINDOW OF A PARKED CAR! PEOPLE ARE RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES!"

Johnny Fever: "Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of you just joining us, the Pinedale Shopping Center has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at 11."

Godspeed Mr. Dial.

Probably one of the best sitcom episode's of all time...

Les Nessman: "Still no parachutes... They can't be skydivers... They look like... OH MY GOD THEY'RE TURKEYS! THEY'RE FALLING RIGHT OUT OF THE SKY! THEY'RE HITTING THE PAVEMENT LIKE SACKS OF WET CEMENT! ONE JUST WENT THROUGH THE WINDOW OF A PARKED CAR! PEOPLE ARE RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES!"

Johnny Fever: "Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of you just joining us, the Pinedale Shopping Center has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at 11."

Godspeed Mr. Dial.

Oh, you left off the best part!! "OH, THE HUMANITY!!!"

He claimed that the turkey drop story was based on (what he was told was) an actual event that he heard about when visiting radio stations for background information (somewhere in Texas IIRC)

Definately Bailey and Mary Ann

They where both HOT to me

Dave G

As I'm not familiar with WKRP other than the turkey episode, my wife says I'd pick Bailey, too!

Here's where she's at now: http://www.trashytabloids.com/watn/jan_smithers.html

jan-smithers-newsweek.jpg

He claimed that the turkey drop story was based on (what he was told was) an actual event that he heard about when visiting radio stations for background information (somewhere in Texas IIRC)

The program was (kinda) realistic. There is a WKRC in Cincinnati...

Bailey... but when she took the glasses off. Did you guys ever see the episode where the sleazy photographer took nude pictures of Jennifer without her knowing? The way Bailey looked and acted when she and Fever scammed those photos back was really HOT!

This whole Jennifer/Bailey thing is a no-brainer.

Like I told Ginger and Mary Ann: "There's plenty of me to go around; let's make it a sandwich..." :D

Then I woke up... LOL

Loni was attractive in her (obvious) way, and she did a great job with the character... but her hair was kinda scary. Looked like it could cut you. :D

Bill Dial's name reminds me of another sitcom: who remembers who Rheinhold Weege was? They even made fun of his name in an episode once ("Reinhold?").

This whole Jennifer/Bailey thing is a no-brainer.

Like I told Ginger and Mary Ann: "There's plenty of me to go around; let's make it a sandwich..." :D

Then I woke up... LOL

Loni was attractive in her (obvious) way, and she did a great job with the character... but her hair was kinda scary. Looked like it could cut you. :D

Bill Dial's name reminds me of another sitcom: who remembers who Rheinhold Weege was? They even made fun of his name in an episode once ("Reinhold?").

That would be Night Court.But for the gold which active (not me) PoA pilot works where Mr. Wegee went to Jr. College?

Back