Art

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
I've always really appreciated art. I love the galleries in NYC. I recently went to Santa Fe, NM to look at art. I'm a Burning Man veteran. So at the ripe age of 63 I've decided to become an artist of some kind. I took a class and I'm really getting into sketching. I have no idea if I will ever get past 4th grade level abilities or where I'm going to go with it, but I'm giving it everything I have. Are there any artists here? If there are, I wouldn't mind hearing about your art and how you got to where you are. Hopefully it will keep me inspired.

Max

Great idea Rollie! Go for it. Lots of kinds of "art". Enjoy! I've got a friend in Ames not much younger than you went to Iowa State and got a masters in fine arts just a few years ago. Why? He enjoyed it!

I think it is important to find ways to express yourself, and I'd love to do something creative and maybe even beautiful. If you can combine art, beauty and income, it's a win (like, say, Ben and his music).

Hope it works out, keep us posted.

...said the man whose origami works are renowned...

Must be an Ohio thing. I know someone who specializes in origami with dinner napkins. Pope's hat is a favorite.

:D:D:D

...said the man whose origami works are renowned...

Yeah, but I mostly follow diagrams, meaning it is a craft, and not art. I am a lousy designer except for airplanes, which I do reasonably well.

Yeah, but I mostly follow diagrams, meaning it is a craft, and not art. I am a lousy designer except for airplanes, which I do reasonably well.

That's like saying anyone can cook if they follow the recipe. Buncombe!

Back