Arrow on the beach Carlsbad. Everyone out OK.

Wow! Looks like a good landing to me. Between the water and a wall ...

Looks like another successful off airport landing with no injuries,good job.

I was getting all set up to land on that beach once. Engine quit, well not really, the examiner pulled the throttle. I nailed all the procedures and stuff, picked what looked like a good spot, the beach. After a little bit he said ok, but I think I would've chosen that airport over there. CRQ.

It hasn't been a good week for Cherokees flying out of MontgomeryGibbs but better for their pilots and passengers at least.

I was getting all set up to land on that beach once. Engine quit, well not really, the examiner pulled the throttle. I nailed all the procedures and stuff, picked what looked like a good spot, the beach. After a little bit he said ok, but I think I would've chosen that airport over there. CRQ.

:rofl::rofl: Man, that hurts..!!!

:rofl::rofl: Man, that hurts..!!!
I was a little embarrassed. He said it happens a lot. Pilots going for their Private Check ride are so focused on all the procedures they've learned about trying to figure out the wind, looking for fences and power lines and stuff to pick a spot it doesn't dawn on them to just use a suitable airport that's within distance. I did pass the ride by the way.

Back