Arriving midweek

simtech

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Simtech
So my wife says this week she wants to go to OSH this year! She has never been and I think she will enjoy it. So we plan to arrive Thursday the 25th and depart Sunday. I have two questions..

1. If arriving on a Thursday, and impossible to get there early am, is it better for traffic to arrive around 1 to 2pm before the airshow or wait until after the airshow at 630?

And

2. Is it an absolute mad house departing sunday? I've departed on a Thursday and it was an hour wait. I know Thursday morning is a big departure day being after the night airshow but Sunday I've never dealt with and seems like it might be long waits.

The first 30-60 minutes after the airport opens after the airshow are departure only. You should not try to arrive then. You can try to squeeze in at 2, but understand that they may close the airport if they have a demonstration that comes through.

Sunday is not going to be a problem. The place is pretty emptied out by then.

I can be flexible. I can try to squeeze in by 2 and if that doesn't happen I can to fond Du Lac. Then try for OSH after the air show or just wait until early Friday morning..

Back