Arrgh me mateys, learn pirate!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Arrgghhh d'ya feel like a slimey bilge rat when Talk Like a Pirate Day comes each year? Well me hearty buckos thar ain't no reason to be walkin the plank o'er yur lack of pirate speak talent.

Mango Languages is offering a free course in talkin' like a pirate AAARRRGGHH

http://www.mangolanguages.com/store/pirate-day.html

Public libraries also offer links to the course if ye be interested.

So say Yo ho ho! and get ye stinkin' hornpipes in gear and learn to SPEAK LIKE A PIRATE!!! AAARRGGggggg

I bought a computer program once years ago that guaranteed me I would be able to learn fluent Spanish easily. All I had to do was read the words on the screen then listen to the computer pronounce it for me, and of course, read the extra thick text book.

I got to where I could order lunch from an extra patient and understanding Mexican server on a very slow day, before I just seemed to lose all interest in learning Spanish. I just don't seem to want to learn a foreign language badly enough to stick with it.

I'd probably be the same way with Pirate Speak, sides, I lived on a sailboat for 12 years, I moved off because I was sick of it. I still can't get over the fact that I went to all the trouble to learn how to make an airplane go, it still boggles my mind.

John

Oh God, not again. "Pirate" was never and still isn't a "romantic" job. It was a job, a dangerous job that wasn't really pleasant living or working conditions. These guys are usually down and out with no options. How this occupation has ever been romanticized is beyond me. And there are more pirates in the business than just the ones with guns lol. There's guys right here in the USA that will steal your boat from you using the US court system to give it to them unless you pay the ransom.... You have to be careful lol.

Oh God, not again. "Pirate" was never and still isn't a "romantic" job. It was a job, a dangerous job that wasn't really pleasant living or working conditions. These guys are usually down and out with no options. How this occupation has ever been romanticized is beyond me. And there are more pirates in the business than just the ones with guns lol. There's guys right here in the USA that will steal your boat from you using the US court system to give it to them unless you pay the ransom.... You have to be careful lol.

Henning, aren't you the one with standing orders to your crew to shoot to kill on sight when it comes to pirates?

Me too.

I'm not talking like an effing pirate either.

However, of all of Scott's many avatars (and there have been many), the current new one has to be the best! :yesnod:

How this occupation has ever been romanticized is beyond me.

Because a whole bunch of middle-aged women want to bang Johnny Depp and they made a movie of him playing a stereotypical "arrrgh" pirate.

Same reason Vampires are suddenly such cute adorable creatures, dontchaknow?

'Cause you know, that cynical 400 year old guy really does care for the stereotypically misunderstood high-school chick, and she thinks it's great to have sex with something room temperature or colder, that doesn't have a pulse.

:rofl:

Welcome to Hollywood!

Same reason Vampires are suddenly such cute adorable creatures, dontchaknow?

There's something inherently wrong with a society when the rabies victim is considered desirable and the nice guy who always does the right thing is completely expendable.

Back to shooting pirates...now where's that box of ammunition..oh there it is...

"Cowboy" has been romanticized too. I doubt many people would really want to be one.

Bunch a scurvy bilge rats on this thread me bucko's
Careful, as a card carrying member of the IBNA I am bound by union code to sink a marlinspike between the eyes of people speaking pirate unless they kick down a bottle of Pyrate rum...

Back