ARR on Sunday

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I have to relay a Lifeline passenger through ARR on Sunday. Anything I need to know? Anything that makes it different than any other Class D ?

Nice place. Good controllers.

Just watch for heavy traffic going to DPA.

You oughtta let us know when you'll be there. Maybe we can take you to lunch.

my understanding is they are very friendly. Matt Sawhill flew his 140 in there with a phone call ahead of time about a couple months ago

Will let ya know Mike. I have to call my passenger and see when I need to meet up with the other pilot.

You'll have no problems with Aurora at all. I might be flying back from SMD that day and will be very close. If I manage to get home from Tokyo on Friday and beat the typhoon my plane is to go to Fort Wayne.

But back to KARR. Great little airport, good controllers and easy access around the C90 control area.

Only think is that there's usually gliding/jumping at Hinckley, which is about 8NM west of KARR. They'll usually warn you about it if it's active. KDPA is about 11NM NW and is busier.

I'd get together with you for lunch, but Leslie and I are taking the King Air up to Mackinac Island for the weekend. If anyone wants to meet up on the Island, let us know!

Only think is that there's usually gliding/jumping at Hinckley, which is about 8NM west of KARR. They'll usually warn you about it if it's active. KDPA is about 11NM NW and is busier.

I'd get together with you for lunch, but Leslie and I are taking the King Air up to Mackinac Island for the weekend. If anyone wants to meet up on the Island, let us know!

KING AIR??? A rich relative left you?

We had one talking up about the whole ramp. Jim told him to go ahead and back taxi. He answered that he had made a divot in the grass next to one of the taxiways when he came in.

Ed, send details. Will meet you for lunch....or over a hop skip to C09 (Morris).

Bruce

KING AIR??? A rich relative left you?

We had one talking up about the whole ramp. Jim told him to go ahead and back taxi. He answered that he had made a divot in the grass next to one of the taxiways when he came in.
There are 7 or 8 of us going up, and it's just as cheap to all climb in the King Air C90 as take individual planes. Saves us about 3 - 4 hours of flying, too. (Not that getting there quickly is the goal. Riding in (or flying, if we're really lucky) a King Air is the goal.)

Has changed to IGQ on Saturday.

I'm still up for some lunch somewhere in the area. I am dropping off the passenger around noon Chicago time.

Edit:

And now the mission is scrapped altogether.

Last edited:
Has changed to IGQ on Saturday.

I'm still up for some lunch somewhere in the area. I am dropping off the passenger around noon Chicago time.

Just walk into Shannon's Landing just as you note the hangar next door that was owned by Ford to house the Tri-Motor.

I can't make Saturday. Hafta be downtown at 3 PM.

And now the mission is scrapped altogether.
Darn, they couldn't find anyone to take her to Minneapolis? I saw Karen's note, but we won't be around this weekend, or I'd have been tempted to take it.

Darn, they couldn't find anyone to take her to Minneapolis? I saw Karen's note, but we won't be around this weekend, or I'd have been tempted to take it.

No. Passenger cancelled. No details on why.

Back