Army or National Guard reserve exercises?

James Hughes

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rockit00
I was fortunate enough to catch an army or national guard exercise in the spring of 1993. It happened in Mineral Wells Texas. C-130's, Parachutes, Artillery, etc. Does anyone here know anything about this event?

You could contact the 143rd Infantry Regiment (Airborne) of the Texas National Guard…sounds like something they would do as I believe the only non active duty unit and it’s a place they would jump in Texas, along with Camp Bullis and Camp Swift…each unit has a historian…Guard Artillery is all over the place in Texas with Division and Corps support units…C-13O’s will show up to drop paratroopers from anywhere…as they like doing it.

Thanks Warlock. I did some google searches over the weekend and found out about Fort Wolters and some of the history surrounding the facility. I will check out the 143rd for more info. I remember being glued to the window for most of the weekend of the exercises. On Sunday the gunships like the one in your avatar came in. I'll never forget them spewing out tracers as they made target runs. What a show! Thanks again

Back