Armourall the tires?

S

skip68

Greetings,

What is the opinion on Armourall for the tires?

Skip

I think that product is a dust and dirt magnet........

I actually switched to the no touch spray BUT I am talking cars here!

skip68 said:
What is the opinion on Armourall for the tires?

The bottle says it's ok. I use to do it regularly on the car with no problems. (sidewalls, not treads)

Car tires: ok
Vinyl car seats: I think not without a good cleaning afterward to take the stuff off again.

Motorcycle tires: --> NFW!! <--
Motorcycle seats: just don't go there.

My tires are mostly covered by wheel pants so I would not bother. But generally I do not like Armour All. It attracts a lot of dirt. If you want to shine up your tires better to buy some tire bright stuff for cars

Use the Armourall tire foam or No touch tire care foam, you won't have the dust magnet problem.

Is there any benefit to using the tire shine stuff? I use it on my BMW M-roadster but it is used there for purely astetic reason. I am unsure if there is any tire life issues.

smigaldi said:
Is there any benefit to using the tire shine stuff? I use it on my BMW M-roadster but it is used there for purely astetic reason. I am unsure if there is any tire life issues.
It makes the world a little less rotten.

It makes the car wash an extra $2 for spraying it on.

Like Steve said. Just don't put it on the threads.

I got a little too carried away with Armourall on my motorcycle tires once. Don't ask.

jangell said:
Like Steve said. Just don't put it on the threads.

I got a little too carried away with Armourall on my motorcycle tires once. Don't ask.

I got a little over zelous with it on the motorcylce seat. Holy cow when I tried to stop!!

Back