Arg, I love/hate towplanes!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
I love flying our towplane, and because I fly it I like it to be kept in tiptop shape.
I also love getting pulled by our towplane and because of that I like it to fly as much as possible, especially on weekends.
Sunday while preflighting I noted one of the exhaust stacks was cracked about half way around the pipe near the exit point on the cylinder. Sadly to say, it cut the day short. Consequently, we have decided to send it in and get a new exhaust for that side. The other side was replaced last fall when a hole blew out the side of one stack.
Was hoping to do my first flight in my glider next weekend, looks like that might have to wait.
Of course, a big High pressure area is moving in tommorow, great soaring is forecasted, and everyone in Ames is grounded.
Time to start saving for a motorglider :)

You might remember how Burt is big on keeping a spare of everything, he almost has a complete spare towplane in that mrf hangar, Tony. He knows the whole thing grinds to a stop for days, if even one part is broken.

ya, i remember dave. should propose a similar idea to the club to start stockpiling super cub parts.

its not me! :) but we do have a lot of shock cooling issues. We work the engine hard and have to be pretty careful with it on the way down.

Back