ARF Animal Rescue Flights

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
A few threads ago, someone asked about building time without becoming a CFI and I suggested an animal rescue flight organization. Since then, I've been contacted by a new organization that is looking for altruistic pilots. There is a special need in the central and southern states. http://aviation.meetup.com/95/
Animal Rescue Flights promotes, plans, and performs the process of moving animals from overcrowded shelters where they face certain death to other parts of the country where qualified families are waiting to adopt them. <snip>
We are looking for pilots, student pilots, and non-pilots who can contribute their time and skills in planning, performing, and promoting this effort.

It's a great thing to do (I do it myself for ARPH), but it's all out of pocket (except for the charitable donation tax break you get), so it's not necessarily a way to build time cheaply.

As far as a way to build time cheaply, I know of a place that'll let you fly Skydivers on weekends for free. Requires 500 hours and Comm-ASEL. All the 182 time you want.

Back