Are You Worthy?

So, who's going to be our stocking dropping babe at Gastons this year? :rofl:

I don't know what I just watched, but that was awesome.

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a Spitfire!!! :goofy:
Thank You,
Joe

Well, that was an interesting short, wonder what it's teasing for.:dunno:

Hmmm... a demanding rich chick that wants me to jump through hoops.... eeeesshhhh... ahh heck, why not. I've accepted psycho chicks as a fact of life, it's just a matter of degree. Might as well go for the hot rich ones to make the crap worthwhile. Besides, I can pretty much answer up to the prereques.
Interesting how they glamourize the life of a combat pilot (although I never knew the Imperial Valley was a Theatre of Combat that the Spitfire ever saw). Most all of my early mentors in aviation were combat pilots spanning from WWI to Vietnam including most areas of conflict US & NATO forces saw. I heard many great stories told under many conditions. One thing I have never heard a combat pilot describe that period of life as is "Glamourous". Hardly a story can go by that doesn't involve a fungii in some way though usually not gastronomically.

As for the watch, who really cares about a watch?

Nick:

How do you write, "The link does not work" in Esperanto?

About Pilots
Making of
The Pilot's Movie

IWC launches Pilots, a short feature film
Schaffhausen-Hollywood in 8 minutes
In true Hollywood style, the fast-moving short feature film, "Pilots", with actor John Malkovich, accompanies the launch of the new pilot's watches from the Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen. The work celebrated its première during the SIHH International Fine Watchmaking Exhibition in Geneva.

A white-gloved right hand reaches slowly into the safe. Holding the small golden key in his hand, the man, in a red uniform with gleaming braids and buttons, strides through the luxurious hotel lobby of the Boston Fairmont Copley Plaza. The concierge is none other than renowned actor John Malkovich. Typically, he plays the role of an enigmatic character. His provocative interpretation of real pilots takes the film back into the aeronautical past, where it develops into a spectacular airborne adventure between two Spitfire pilots and the female pilot of a Ju-52, who is as cunning as she is attractive. With a wink typical of IWC, the story addresses the interaction between the sexes. At the same time, the short film unfolds on a grand scale with dramatically exciting images and atmospheric intensity from the epoch that has inspired the visual adaptation of the new range of pilot's watches. "Pilots" utilizes the characteristic stylistic elements of Hollywood, and its appeal lies in its exhilarating editing, special effects, emotional music and impressive camerawork and lighting. Georges Kern, CEO of IWC, is enthusiastic about the result. "We have been intensively involved in the development and inspiration of the film at every stage. So we are all the more pleased with the quality of the result, which emotionally portrays our pilot's watches to stunning effect in breathtaking images. The opportunity to work with real Hollywood greats was itself an unforgettable experience."

"Dependable Liaisons"
IWC and aviation have gone hand in hand since 1936, when the Schaffhausen manufacturer presented its first Special Pilot's Watch. This was a professional instrument that satisfied the needs in the cockpit at that time. It was followed by an entire range of high-quality pilot's watches for military and civilian use. The collection of pilot's watches from IWC today comprises the Classic range and the Spitfire range. IWC is marking the seventieth anniversary of its pilot's watches not only with the new look for the collection, but also with its feature film, "Pilots". The fact that the prominent character actor John Malkovich agreed to play the role of the concierge is no accident and IWC considers itself very fortunate that the IWC fan and longstanding fan of the Swiss luxury watch brand agreed to participate. John Malkovich, who came to world prominence in the 1980s with the cinema hit "Dangerous Liaisons", was nominated twice for an Oscar and this year he brilliantly performanced in the lead role of Gustav Klimt in the film "Klimt". He has appeared in more than 50 feature films as an actor, a director, a producer and a screenwriter.

A celebrated array of stars
In Los Angeles, cast in the roles of the pilots are Danish actress Maria B. Bergman and the Americans Christopher Cass and Daniel Spangler. Hollywood giant David B. Novell was entrusted with the direction and camerawork of the airborne Spitfire sequences. Novell is regarded as the expert in this specialized field, and he was the one responsible for the flying scenes in the American epic "Pearl Harbor", among others. Filming took place south of Los Angeles from helicopters and a B25 bomber in which the cameras were installed in the machine gun turrets in the tail and the nose. The sequences with the Ju-52 were created in Switzerland and subsequently integrated into the film as computer animations. The Spitfire, the legendary fighter aircraft of the Royal Air Force in the 1940s, and the Ju-52, a legend of civil aviation, are both old-timers that occupy a secure place in IWC's world of images and visually characterize the pilot's watch collections. Thomas Gerber, the talented young Swiss director, held the dramatic reins of "Pilots". The film was made in the high-resolution cinemaquality format 24p. The entire production was undertaken by the Swiss company Condor Films, which already produced Xavier Koller's Oscar-winning film "Journey of Hope" ("Reise der Hoffnung").

IWC Schaffhausen
For more than a century, IWC Schaffhausen has been producing precision products of complex functionality and outstanding user-friendliness for watch connoisseurs who expect rather more from their watch than just having an accurate timekeeper. Since its foundation in 1868, the International Watch Company has built up an international reputation as a long-established Swiss watchmaking firm with a passion for inventions, innovative solutions and technical refinements. Under the credo "At home in Schaffhausen - successful throughout the world", around 450 people work at the Schaffhausen site, and a further 100 represent IWC around the globe.

IWC - International Watch Co. Schaffhausen

I'm almost there.

I just need to:

1.) Spin below 1,000 ft
2.) Hear a spitfire
3.) figure out how to get all the women

About Pilots
Making of
The Pilot's Movie

IWC launches Pilots, a short feature film
Schaffhausen-Hollywood in 8 minutes
In true Hollywood style, the fast-moving short feature film, "Pilots", with actor John Malkovich, accompanies the launch of the new pilot's watches from the Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen.
IWC - International Watch Co. Schaffhausen

Ahhh...ok. It was an industrial/promotional film for launching the line of watches at an expo. Wonder what that cost them? Hard to imagine the cost/benefit ratio on that one working out....

I love them calling the Junkers 52 a "legend of civil aviation."

Nice revisionism.

Right.

All I can say is: WTF?!?!?!

and those watches don't even have an E6-B built into them :)

Pete

I love them calling the Junkers 52 a "legend of civil aviation."

Nice revisionism.

Right.

It's not untrue though. As with many aircraft, they were dually notable, besides, it's advertising, no expectations of correctness apply.

Dumb.

A disservice to the pilots that served and died in both aircraft types.

Am I worthy? You best your a**.

Jeff

I looks like a promo for IWC (International Watch Company). They make wonderful mechanical watches. They ain't cheap either.

Back