Are you planning on buying a plane cover?

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
Bruce's must be on the list to receive new registrations. They sent me a 10% off code.

I prefer Plane Covers over Bruce's myself. Mines already being made by them not Bruce.

You want the code? Try CW2016

In addition to new registrations, Bruce farms the airman database as well. A couple weeks after I received my plastic certificate with the Citation SIC added, I got a flyer from Bruce trying to sell me Citation covers.

I just hangar.

I Cover when I travel, which is most of my flying. Burger runs/day trips are a very small percentage. One thing I have learned.......don't try and do,it alone when there is a breeze unless you want to entertain the line crew. Ask for help.

I guess I will dig it out and at least learn how it works. I may need it someday.

For short term over nights covers don't make much sense, there is a risk too if any dirt gets on the thing and grinds into the plexi.

In higher winds unless the cover fits perfect it can actually harm the paint, just look at a car that had one of those "car bras" on, you'll see a worn paint line outline of the thing.

Also you're not going to UV damage from just a couple days.

Unless I had a plane that lived outside, I just put my pitot cover on, maybe toss a soft car sunshade in the windshield and call it a day for the occasional times I'm not staying in my hangar.

For short term over nights covers don't make much sense, there is a risk too if any dirt gets on the thing and grinds into the plexi.

In higher winds unless the cover fits perfect it can actually harm the paint, just look at a car that had one of those "car bras" on, you'll see a worn paint line outline of the thing.

Unless I had a plane that lived outside, I just put my pitot cover on, maybe toss a soft car sunshade in the windshield and call it a day for the occasional times I'm not staying in my hangar.
Pretty much. My Twin Beech came with a Bruce's canopy cover. To put it on, you need two people, a tall step ladder and dead calm winds. I don't see using it much.

A better solution for short term ramp parking are those sunshades you put up inside the cockpit windows to keep the cabin temp down.

That's an opinion, not fact. Maybe borne out of laziness or pure disconcern. If there was a smiley for that position, it would be the looking left, shrugging shoulders and say, Meh.

Your plane, your call. I believe in fitted covers. Not once have I found one stich flapping in the wind, not even in OKC or Tulsa. I'll gladly spend the money.

That's an opinion, not fact. Maybe borne out of laziness or pure disconcern. If there was a smiley for that position, it would be the looking left, shrugging shoulders and say, Meh.

Your plane, your call. I believe in fitted covers. Not once have I found one stich flapping in the wind, not even in OKC or Tulsa. I'll gladly spend the money.

Indeed it is, but what about when you're flying above a undercast layer, image all the UV the plane gets ;)

Or maybe just make it a bubble plane

carcapsule_vehicle_storage_system_corvette.jpg

There is a point it just gets a little silly.

Covering up a plane just for a day or so is hitting the silly point IMO

Most of my hours now are in multi million dollar aircraft, it's hangared, but when it's on the ramp, pitot covers and a sunshade.

I'm super OCD about my plane, same deal cover wise for a outside outting.

Indeed it is, but what about when you're flying above a undercast layer, image all the UV the plane gets ;)

Or maybe just make it a bubble plane

carcapsule_vehicle_storage_system_corvette.jpg

There is a point it just gets a little silly.

Covering up a plane just for a day or so is hitting the silly point IMO
****!!!! Where can I get one of those???!!!

I have a Bruce's cover for my Tiger. I'm stuck in tie down spaces, on a hangar wait list, so I use it regularly. If I know I'll be flying no later than the next day, I'll leave if off, otherwise the plane is covered. I'm based in the southwest and above 6000 ft., so any protection against UV is good.

It shifted a bit in one big windstorm we had, but stays in place well under almost all conditions. My paint is older, so I'm not as concerned about straps rubbing. If it was new paint, I would be pulling out the stops trying to get in a hangar.

I have learned(sort of) how to put it on in a 15 kt. wind, but I hate to have an audience when I do that. It's a goat rope.

Trojan super magnum

I've got some of those in my night stand......... Wait. What? Now I'm confused. I looked an Trojan doesn't those in PA32 size. I feel cheated.

I have a Kennon canvas (sumbrella) cover that has some satiny material against the windows. It held up for the near 20 years our plane was parked outside. I sent it off to them for a refurb and I still carry it for when I'm not in my hangars.

Back