• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
My plans are to recline in large aluminum cylinders to Hawaii, then rent a C-172 to see as much as possible. We'll be there about a week visiting family. We've never been there before.

Then, on the way back, we'll stop in Northern California to visit family before taking the aluminum tube home.

Been commuting to Florida and will continue this whole month. I want to fly myself down there at least once and am planning to do that between Christmas and New Years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can do it and not have to go to my back up of commercial travel.

Orlando area, then up to Greenville, SC for my Son and I to visit with family.

Best,

Dave

From the couch to the fridge.

home to NW iowa, with a short trip to Wisconsin Dells with the family and a few days in Minnesota to see Leah (and Jesse i suppose)

We'll be in Bar Harbor, ME with family... two weeks of relaxation, cycling, climbing, bouldering, hiking, maybe even get a little winter kayaking in...

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'm headed down to Harrisburg to spend some time with my guy, but I'll be headed to Columbus in early Jan to celebrate 'late' x-mas with the family. Hopefully the trip will be made by plane.

Missa

Airliners to Florida. Rent a plane down there.

After that...

Fly to Racine, WI

After that...

Fly to OSH to visit the museum.

I have to work. Oh well, 12 hours of OT on a holiday. Cha Ching!!!
Will do the same on New Years Day as well.

We know we need to do something, but don't know what yet. I want it to involve flying ourselves somewhere, but She Who Must Be Obeyed (Yes, I know she'll see this :)) is thinking about something where she doesn't have to worry about the responsibility of flying ourselves.

Heading up to the Pine Mountain Lake airpark for 2 nights to see the parents (E45). Then a week out at Bullhead City.

Flying commercial to Freeport Grand Bahama and sitting my arse in a lounge chair reading books snorkeling and scuba if I get energetic and NOT THINKING ABOUT A DARN THING!

Flying commercial to Tucson, AZ to hang with the fam and the pool(if its warm enough)

festivuslogo.gif

I get to self-ground, get knee surgery in Tennessee and then convalesce on a couch at my parents' house over the holidays while Mom watches Judge Judy :rofl: until I can escape again after New Years.

It's not all bad though - the girlfriend is coming to minister to me for a few days during...plus I can actually look forward to walking without a limp sometime soon which is more than I can say for the last two months.

But probably no flying other than in a United jet.

Last edited:
I have to work.
Me too. I don't even get OT because Monday is my regular day to work. So my trip is going to be whatever they plan for me, or not.

A week on a 44' sailboat with friends on the East coast of New Zealand's North Island, then a week learning to ridge soar in shiny fiberglass gliders at Matamata, New Zealand.

How sweet it is.

A week on a 44' sailboat with friends on the East coast of New Zealand's North Island, then a week learning to ridge soar in shiny fiberglass gliders at Matamata, New Zealand.

How sweet it is.

Man I'm seriously thinking of asking the MC to consider banning you. That life is just too good.

Man I'm seriously thinking of asking the MC to consider banning you. That life is just too good.
Adam,
Maybe I can convince SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) to fly with me to Freeport, then we can regale you with pictures and tales of our time flying on the South island of New Zealand.

BTW, you're right to be jealous of cwyckham :yes:. NZ is wonderful, and so are the people.

I'm planning a nice weekend at Farmers Pride airport doing my annual. Then on Sunday and Monday I'm on call at work (That sucks). Maybe i can talk the Boss and his wife into flying somewhere for Lunch or supper.
Dave G.

Me too. I don't even get OT because Monday is my regular day to work. So my trip is going to be whatever they plan for me, or not.

That bites!! Monday is my regular work day as well, but, thanks to being a quasi government employee, when you work on a holiday, you get OT for every hour you work, AND you get a 'banked' holiday day that you can use as a vacation day. If it were my day off, then I'd just get the 'banked' day.

That bites!! Monday is my regular work day as well, but, thanks to being a quasi government employee, when you work on a holiday, you get OT for every hour you work, AND you get a 'banked' holiday day that you can use as a vacation day. If it were my day off, then I'd just get the 'banked' day.
In our world every day is the same. We get "weekends" but they don't necessarily correspond to anyone else's weekend. I could've taken PTO on Christmas, especially because I'm at the use it, cash it in, or lose it point. But somebody has to work, and since I don't have kids or do anything special on Christmas I figured I'd let the others have the time off. Besides, I pretty much got an all expenses paid trip to visit my mom on Thanksgiving. :)

But somebody has to work, and since I don't have kids or do anything special on Christmas I figured I'd let the others have the time off.

That's cool that you do that. I normally work either 8 or 10 hours, but I did sign up for some OT so a couple of moms can spend the day with their little ones.
And I'll probably end up doing an 8 hour shift on Christmas Eve as well.

I'd just be at home doing nothing. We don't do Christmas anymore.

And its fun at the comm center when no admin is there. Folks bring in goodies for us, we wear our jammies and we have a good time. We usually keep NASA's 'Santa' page up on Christmas Eve and those on swing/grave give regular Santa sighting updates for the benefit of those with scanners and little kids. Lots of fun.

Planning on departing Ames, Iowa relatively early Christmas day for the flight down to NW Alabama to eat dinner (noon meal) with dad's side of the family and play dirty santa with 50 aunts, uncles, 1st & 2nd cousins. The following day will be spent at mom's side of the family and the day after that will be return flight from God's country back to the barren winter land of Iowa.

-Chris

Made it back. After spending countless hours in aluminum cylinders, overcrowded waiting rooms, impossible TSA lines, my decision to be my own airline is reinforced.

Does New Years count???

Driving a bus full of teenagers to WinterPlace, West Virginia for snow skiing and snow tubing (assuming there is any snow which is 'iffy' right now :dunno: )

Back