Are You or Aren't You?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/quiz.php#

We did this in the Spin Zone, but in order to let more people try it out, I'll bring it here. Keep the politics friendly, and it probably can stay here!

I'm definitely Libertarian:

"Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%
Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 90%"

Liberian with a lean to the conservative side.

1 square north of dead center. I've always been told I'm a Libertarian.

Very right edge of Libertarian.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%
Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 100%

I guess I am, Ben! Personal 80%, economics 100%. Upper right edge of Libertarian.

When do I get my key chain and membership card?

This is a pretty poor test not sure it tells you much of value. In general I consider myself a conservative leaning minarchist libertarian.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 70%

not a good test, real answers to the questions are not so black & white. E.g., cutting tax rates could be done without decreasing overall spending (think nuturing a larger tax base) and the "50%" bogie is completely arbitrary.

I came in at 100/70, so Libertarian are me.

Couple of possible logical issues I could point out in the questions asked (I am sure that there are more, but I am dopey and slow, today):

It asks about "government handouts to business"; there are some who believe that (for example) accelerated depreciation of tangible assets is a "handout," while others believe that, in order to constitute a "handout," there has to be an actual transfer of wealth from the government to the corporation. Strong room for ambiguity here.

The other is the equating of Social Security with retirement; SS is not, and was never intended to be, a "Retirement" system, and equating them in this way is a problem.

My bottom line, of course, is that a more-powerful government (no matter how well-meaning) will hurt most of the populace in the long run. It's just the nature of the beast.

Do we really need a 10 question test to tell us what our political affiliation is?

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 100%

Quiz might be a little biased, but I have identified as a libertarian for years.

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 70%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

LIBERTARIAN

Just on the Libertarian side of the centrist box.... which is exactly what I'd have told you I was without the quiz.

I guess I am, Ben! Personal 80%, economics 100%. Upper right edge of Libertarian.

When do I get my key chain and membership card?

Hmmm. Why does my post above from 6/20 appear on Tapatalk, but not on the web version of this thread?

Hmmm. Why does my post above from 6/20 appear on Tapatalk, but not on the web version of this thread?
It appears on the web version of my browser (Safari) as post #9.

Dead center Libertarian. I'm good with that, but I do think they should have had more questions. Oh well.

It appears on the web version of my browser (Safari) as post #9.

Odd. It did t appear on the web browser view on my iPad yesterday, and I just checked the web view on my iPhone (both Safari) and it's not there. They both also show that I haven't contributed to this thread.

Odd. It did t appear on the web browser view on my iPad yesterday, and I just checked the web view on my iPhone (both Safari) and it's not there. They both also show that I haven't contributed to this thread.
What do you show as post #9? I show that you have made three posts in this thread, including the one I just quoted. If there is a discrepancy I wouldn't know how to explain it.

Back