Are you more likely to pray before you fly a low wing or a high wing airplane?

understood.
Someone called me a dick earlier in the thread.

That is really the ONLY thing I felt was off putting.

I just reused the word because that post seemed to have established personality level: dick as the new baseline.

Also I am not going to lie, I do sometimes wonder how many times I can squeeze dick into a post which out of context sounds like something you shouldn't do.

I just pictured you as a six foot tall penis.

That was not an image I wanted...thanks for nothing.. ;)

The problem is not that you want to be funny. Some of your posts *are* pretty funny. The problem is that in this case your humor is playing off a very contentious thread about praying in the cockpit, and seems entirely designed to poke fun at one side of the discussion in that thread.

It's a particular kind of passive aggressive and demeaning humor. It seems like you want to make fun of people in a way that makes it difficult for those people to respond. "Oh, it's just a joke thread" or "start your own thread if you want" don't really negate those aspects of the post. It just seems designed to provoke anger, is disrespectful of others and yes, kind of a dick move to me.

IMO, YMMV, and all that jazz.

I think the biggest issue is, these non stop running "joke" (in quotes, I use the term loosely because I can't manage to find humor in them) give the place more and more of a feeling of being a good ole boys club. Another website I'm on is very much the same thing, and thus, many people who would potentially be new members are put off by what appears to be a bunch of good ole boys running their website.

I think the biggest issue is, these non stop running "joke" (in quotes, I use the term loosely because I can't manage to find humor in them) give the place more and more of a feeling of being a good ole boys club. Another website I'm on is very much the same thing, and thus, many people who would potentially be new members are put off by what appears to be a bunch of good ole boys running their website.

I can see that...a new member would be like "coleslaw...wtf?" :confused:

Is being a 'good ole boy' a bad thing?

:confused:

It may not be politically correct, but I'm feeling less and less PC these days. Wonder why that is? ;)

The problem is not that you want to be funny. Some of your posts *are* pretty funny. The problem is that in this case your humor is playing off a very contentious thread about praying in the cockpit, and seems entirely designed to poke fun at one side of the discussion in that thread.

It's a particular kind of passive aggressive and demeaning humor. It seems like you want to make fun of people in a way that makes it difficult for those people to respond. "Oh, it's just a joke thread" or "start your own thread if you want" don't really negate those aspects of the post. It just seems designed to provoke anger, is disrespectful of others and yes, kind of a dick move to me.

IMO, YMMV, and all that jazz.

Maybe you are reading to much into it.
There were 2 existing threads next to each other:

1. Do you pray before you fly?
2. High wing vs. Low wing.

I was on my phone in the bathroom and I saw these.
I have no opinions positive or negative about people who do pray, don't pray, like high wings, or prefer low wings. I have been known to do all 4.

This was poorly executed nonsense on my part. I'll own that.

#tictactoe

See I didn't read any other thread so IDK the history. Even if it was meant to push some buttons so what.... They're just words in a forum.

Thanks for clarifying, Andy. I retract the exlax comment:)

No problem. I didn't mean to really turn this into another big debate, I just wanted to poke at 6PC a little bit on what I saw as a kind of inflammatory post.

I would have been happy for the prayer thread to die, this just seemed to keep the memory on the shelf past its expiration date. :D

Maybe you are reading to much into it.
There were 2 existing threads next to each other:

1. Do you pray before you fly?
2. High wing vs. Low wing.

I was on my phone in the bathroom and I saw these.
I have no opinions positive or negative about people who do pray, don't pray, like high wings, or prefer low wings. I have been known to do all 4.

This was poorly executed nonsense on my part. I'll own that.

#tictactoe

Maybe so. It's all good. Like I said, my comment was not so much an "I hate 6PC", just more of a "6PC, why, WHY?!?" ;)

Apologies for any ruffled feathers. We have too many of those on this forum anyway!

Also I am all for being a target. I am a great target and I leave the door open for any sort of ribbing. I am as another poster said somewhat of a "6 foot penis"

Only I am 5'10

I have always sort of been that way.
I was born an 8 lb 5 oz penis and it just grew from there.
FWIW I spend a good deal of money sending my kids to a faith based school.
Aside from the westboro's and other fringe hate based faiths, I really am not one to make light of someone's personal beliefs.

Again not my intent and I do apologize if it came off that way.

Also I am all for being a target. I am a great target and I leave the door open for any sort of ribbing. I am as another poster said somewhat of a "6 foot penis"

Only I am 5'10

I have always sort of been that way.
I was born an 8 lb 5 oz penis and it just grew from there.
FWIW I spend a good deal of money sending my kids to a faith based school.
Aside from the westboro's and other fringe hate based faiths, I really am not one to make light of someone's personal beliefs.

Again not my intent and I do apologize if it came off that way.

The funny thing is that in these threads I feel like I'm often in the position of "defending" the religious point of view...yet I am in no way religious myself. But I'm keenly aware of how little I know about the Universe and want to be open to all possibilities.

Or calling it "hedging my bets" if you will. :D

Anyway, this whole issue now just looks like a big steaming cup of "The Internet is designed to generate misunderstandings".

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but for my part...

I never suggested banning anybody, nor did I say that anybody should not be able to say whatever they want. I am for complete freedom of expression. However, freedom of expression entails equally free expression by others who might not agree.

Being able to express yourself does not mean you never get challenged on what you say.

My post was general in nature. I can't understand why a certain population of people always want to decide for everybody else what I wallowed to be discussed, under the threat of censorship, whining like titty babies, pretending that anybody that would ever disagree Witt hem is a moron, or all the other idiotic bull **** those folks inflict on themselves and others.

When did the whiners become more important than the doers?

Only I am 5'10

Ok, a 5'10" penis in 2" heels. There we go again....:nono::yikes::D:D

Back