Are you left or right brain dominant?

cherokeeflyboy said:
As I understand it Right handed people are left brain dominant and left handed people are are right brain dominant. This tells us that left handed people are the only people in their right minds!

:yes: Lefty's, unite! :cheerswine:

I have a predominance for left-handedness but also demonstrate a low degree of asymmetries. I am ambidextrous in hand/eye coordination. I also have a history of familial sinistrality (left-handed siblings and parents except for my father) and do exhibit some degree of right-sided asymmetries. However, I am left-brain dominant but with high actuity for skills usually associated with right-brain. Basically, while this bilaterality is beneficial not just in motor skills but also abstract thought it can be detrimental because I often can simultaneously develop compelling arguements for and against a stated position.

On verbal subtests I test in the upper percentiles yet my language abilities arise from both right- and left-brain. I can be rapidly decisive but some times I must consider every possible permutation of the event, right down to a gnat's little toe. This means I spend a lot of time thinking; always considering if this, then that type of scenarios. Another way to say it is I run a lot of "What if" scenarios.

Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Everybody is born right handed. Only a select few overcome the handicap!

We're supposed to have a brain on each side? Yikes, that could be the problem!

NickDBrennan said:
I bet I'm right brained tho, since everything I do (except shoot) is right handed.
Is the shooting anomoly due to left eye dominance?

gkainz said:

It most certainly is.

Oh- and I found the test on the site. Turns out I am 58% right brained.

gkainz said:

I use whichever eye is most appropriate for which way the varmint is running/leaping/flying. Ahm goin' for a dove drunk startin' tomorrow.

Oh boy, I'm in trouble. I'm 60% left brained and 50% right brained. I'm overusing my brain :rofl:

Right Brain |||||||||||| 50%
Left Brain |||||||||||| 46%

Not using all of mine....but thats been said before :goofy:

I took a couple of the tests a couple of times, and generally scored almost equal on both sides, with perhaps a slight favoring of the left brain. Story of my life: Mr. Middle-of-the-Road.

Richard said:
I have a predominance for left-handedness but also demonstrate a low degree of asymmetries. I am ambidextrous in hand/eye coordination. I also have a history of familial sinistrality (left-handed siblings and parents except for my father) and do exhibit some degree of right-sided asymmetries. However, I am left-brain dominant but with high actuity for skills usually associated with right-brain. Basically, while this bilaterality is beneficial not just in motor skills but also abstract thought it can be detrimental because I often can simultaneously develop compelling arguements for and against a stated position.

On verbal subtests I test in the upper percentiles yet my language abilities arise from both right- and left-brain. I can be rapidly decisive but some times I must consider every possible permutation of the event, right down to a gnat's little toe. This means I spend a lot of time thinking; always considering if this, then that type of scenarios. Another way to say it is I run a lot of "What if" scenarios.

Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Richard, I'm not sure what all this means. But there is going to be an opening at the Federal Reserve Open Market Comittee soon, when Mr. Greenspan retires. With your propensity to use the fullest measure of the English language to the largest extent possible, there may be a certain amount of unrestrained exuberance to consider your talents by the aforementioned to employ you as their new chairman.
Please consider this in the good spirit of the humor with which I intended it.:) :)

64% right
38% left

But there's no question that I'm right-handed and right-eyed so that theory about right-brained people being left-handed doesn't apply to me.

Guess I'm just a righty, period.

Kaye said:
Oh boy, I'm in trouble. I'm 60% left brained and 50% right brained. I'm overusing my brain :rofl:

I came out 60% right and 46% left. I guess we'd make a good pair. (that's not an offer!). I guess when someone asks me for more than 100% the extra will have to come from the right side.

Now maybe Richard can tell us what this all means...then someone else can translate what he says.

Michael said:
Now maybe Richard can tell us what this all means...then someone else can translate what he says.

Hey, don't come busting my chops just because y'all don't unnerstan psychobabble. Speaking of confused, you should stand in my shoes for awhile. I tell ya, it aint easy being me.

BTW: I thought Keith's post was a riot. Extreme verbosity is one skill that comes naturally to me.

Last edited:
Bill Jennings said:
Right 38%
Left 66%
Bill, we're really close!

Right 40 %
Left 72 %

"They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven."

Now, can anybody explain the correct way to do a competition roll vs an aileron roll? Never mind! ;)

Back