are you illiterate?

I'd say someone buying a LeapPad Microphone with Books plus the Penguin Classic 1,000 volume library is one heck of an optimistic learner!

But at least you save $5,326.

If you're illiterate, how could you read this thread? ;)

Man, if I had that kinda cash laying around...1000 books I'd never finish reading...

If you're illiterate, how could you read this thread? ;)
I just look at the pictures. :)

And, what the haywire are the "Penguin Classics"??? Is this a series about Catholic nuns or what?

"[SIZE=-1]A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read."

-Mark Twain
[/SIZE]

"If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read METAR KCRG 261953Z 06011KT 10SM FEW030 29/21 A2998 RMK AO2 SLP152 T02940211, thank a Flight Instructor."

10000 (public domain) boooks for $8000 - only $8 each. Whatta deal!

I'm sure that many of those are free on the web. I wonder if any smart operator made collections on CD. That would take care of some of those complaints.

I'm reminded of when I was researching Windows Certification books years ago. You'd have reviews like "Good book. Comprehensive. 480 pages with a great index. I keep my copy handy at my desk. Helped me understand and pass the test." and then "480 PAGES! How am I SUPPOSED TO READ ALL OF THAT? I just want to pass the test and get certified (and make big $$$) not read the %^&* bible!" :dunno:

What the average citizen would want is all of those in the Cliff Notes or Classics Illustrated comics versions!

Last edited:
10000 (public domain) boooks for $8000 - only $8 each. Whatta deal!

I'm sure that many of thsoe are free on the web. I wonder if any smart operator made collections on CD. That would take care of some of those complaints.
They are also at your library!

I get the classics off project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page) and convert them using Microsoft Reader into a format for my pocket PC. It's great for waiting in a slow TSA line, when stuck in ORD (Chicago), or waiting 2 hours for takeoff. One business trip, I read War & Peace (only 2 or 3 megabytes!) because the delays both ways were so bad. Smaller than a book, I can store many of books along with MPEGs, and some useful apps when on the road.

What the heck is Li-bary?? :dunno: :D
You might want to check out library in your community to see all the books, databases, classes, and publications that you can 'check out'. There is a lot of information that you can reach, much of it is stuff that you cannot find on the Internet without having to pay big sums of money. Your community library is your best resource of information and is one of the few resources in your community for all.

Thanks, got it.
Hey honey, I just saved $5,326.34, now I can afford to buy that plane....

Thanks, got it.
Hey honey, I just saved $5,326.34, now I can afford to buy that plane....

Now you are thinking. I basically was able to justify my plane by showing her the rental costs to do what we were doing as opposed to owning. Well that and I bought her her dream car prior to the airplane purchase.

Back