Are you a charismatic CFI?

JohnFranklin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JohnFranklin
A small team of tech nerds is looking a charismatic CFI who is interested in doing some flight training videos for $$. If you are interested please email me: johnedwardfranklin@gmail.com for more details.

Thanks,
John

A small team of tech nerds is looking a charismatic CFI who is interested in doing some flight training videos for $$. If you are interested please email me: johnedwardfranklin@gmail.com for more details.

Thanks,
John

John,

Where do you need this CFI to be located? I know there are some who have Podcasts, and from the sounds of those "shows" they seem very charismatic. You may want to look at aviation podcasts, the CFI's often post their contact information.

I know a charismatic CFI, but I would not classify myself that way, especially in comparison with him.

Ryan

Go get that MossY guy and keep him from making any more of his own awful videos. ;)

At least you guys can write his scripts and keep him from saying stupid stuff that way.

I'm not linking to him again. Too embarrassing that he even holds a CFI certificate.

I'll close my eyes. Someone else do it for me please.

Add a link to that Jason dude's videos too while I'm not looking if you must. Do your worst. Hahaha!

I'm not linking to him again. Too embarrassing that he even holds a CFI certificate.

I'll close my eyes. Someone else do it for me please.

Add a link to that Jason dude's videos too while I'm not looking if you must. Do your worst. Hahaha!

Oh I thought you were talking about the Jason dude (the one who did 30 days to being a safer pilot). That is not the dude you meant, right? Cuz he seemed OK to me.

Ooh, I am! I am!

tumblr_lmnz0e8MGR1qkwo1uo1_400.gif

Ahh I might be mixing up the bumper crop of "Celebrity Internet CFIs".

I was thinking of those awful videos about ATC phraseology I posted a while back.

The "playa"'s in the "WTF was that?! Internet CFI video postings" kinda never change though.

Ahh I might be mixing up the bumper crop of "Celebrity Internet CFIs".

I was thinking of those awful videos about ATC phraseology I posted a while back.

The "playa"'s in the "WTF was that?! Internet CFI video postings" kinda never change though.

If you watch the video I posted it was pretty bad too.

No, but I do have the ability to grow an Afro just like Martha King has.

Oh my David! How did you find that video?

I hope none of my students find that. That's, well, to be charitable, awful!

Where did he learn to talk on the radio?

Ryan

Holy balls that video is crap. Still waaaaaaaaay too chatty.

My rules on the radio: No prepositions. Talk like Frankenstein.
The only exceptions are when giving your location "over (location)" and "with (ATIS)"

Last edited:
Holy balls that video is crap. Still waaaaaaaaay too chatty.

My rules on the radio: No prepositions. Talk like Frankenstein.
The only exceptions are when giving your location "over (location)" and "with (ATIS)"
Agreed. I actually dislike that Jason Shappert guys radio style as well. He's kinda cheesy. Here's a proper FF request in my book:

Me: ABQ Center, Cessna 12345
ZAB: Cessna 12345 center.
Me: 12345 is a C150/U off of santa fe for Gallup, 7500 climbing 10500 request flight following.
ZAB: 345 squawk 4631.
Me: 4631, 345

Agreed. I actually dislike that Jason Shappert guys radio style as well. He's kinda cheesy. Here's a proper FF request in my book:

Me: ABQ Center, Cessna 12345
ZAB: Cessna 12345 center.
Me: 12345 is a C150/U off of santa fe for Gallup, 7500 climbing 10500 request flight following.
ZAB: 345 squawk 4631.
Me: 4631, 345

I am pretty close to that in a bit different order, but as I am a Comanche I don't have say type and don't worry about equipment or final altitude when VFR.
"Comanche 727DS off Santa Fe, 7,500 request flight following Gallup," would be my initial call up.

I try and never use "to" and "for" so its not confused for 2 and 4.

You guys missed the thread long ago with this video... the CFI in the video also was "CFI of the Year" from some unknown accreditation organization. Lately he's blasting all over the place in fancy jets and what not, according to his Facebook stuff. The "advice" he gives is usually as poor as the above video. He makes me cringe.

CFI. Of. The. Year. Bay-bee. Hot grits.

You guys missed the thread long ago with this video... the CFI in the video also was "CFI of the Year" from some unknown accreditation organization. Lately he's blasting all over the place in fancy jets and what not, according to his Facebook stuff. The "advice" he gives is usually as poor as the above video. He makes me cringe.

CFI. Of. The. Year. Bay-bee. Hot grits.

The unknown organization is NAFI. Which is the reason I haven't joined.

http://www.nafinet.org/

The guy actually runs around in CFI OF THE YEAR polo shirts.

Wow. I thought it was the "other" NAFI after the big blowup in that organization years ago...

Long time ago NAFI seemed pretty good. (And I'm talking 1990s here...) But lately ... wow... just wow.

P.S. What's even scarier is that the FAA will issue a Gold Seal if an instructor "Holds a Master Certificated Flight designation from National Association of Flight Instructors (NAFI)."

http://fsims.faa.gov/WDocs/8900.1/V05 Airman Cert/Chapter 02/05_002_013Rev1.htm

The other items are distinctly objective goals. How NAFI got on the Gold Seal list, boggles me. They could change their criteria for that "rating" of theirs at any time. I'm amazed FAA allows that.

I dropped my NAFI membership this year. Wasn't sure it was worth what I was paying.
NAFI wants me back, but I'm happy with SAFE and am actually happier still just not pretending to be anything other than the CFI my students meet. Some of the "top" CFI's that I've met in some circles don't impress me that much except in their ability to give a more polished lecture. That said, there are some REALLY good CFI's out there who's reputation speaks for itself. A few guys like Ken up in Burnet and Dave the glider guy in Boerne immediately come to my mind and having flown with both, they deserve it.

Ryan

How about a competent CFI and forget the charismatic crap?

I've never seen Jason wearing a shirt like that, and I've seen him plenty of times.

We are referring to the dope that made that flight following video -- Fly like the Pros -- Mossy.

405117_10150704174822378_824837377_9439653_344713609_n.jpg

Ah, I thought you were talking about Jason Blair.

Aren't you supposed to tell the controller that you're visiting your cousin? Don't they put that on the strip?

Ohhhh that would be fun. Do trucker C B radio style with ATC. We could come up with all kinds of cool slang like truckers have.

SEAT COVER – Female passenger
CONESTOGA – Flatbed trailer with ribs and soft top
GREASY STUFF – Snow or Ice
KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP & THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN – Have a safe trip
LOT LIZARD – Truck stop hooker
THROW SOME ROPE – Secure a flatbed load
ZIPPER – The broken highway center line (Oversize lingo)
TOPPED IT – Hit an overhead object with truck, trailer or load
KEEP THE LEFT DOOR CLOSED – Get to work!
NORTH BOUND IN THE SOUTH BOUND! – Wrong way driver
THE HOOK – Flying J truck stop
And finally… THERE’S A DROP-TOP IN THE HAMMER LANE WITH A SEATCOVER HEADING FOR THE OWL – Convertible car in the fast lane with female passenger with hooters…..

We'd have to make a few minor adjustments, but it could work.

-John

LOT LIZARD – Truck stop hooker

HEADING FOR THE OWL – with hooters….

I'm pretty sure the female ATC controllers would not give you any clearance and would be pretty mean to you overall. I heard about them and what they used to do to guys that called them "sweetheart."

There is a word that starts with "c" that I would use to describe the CFIs on this board, but it most definitely isn't "charismatic".

Back