Are They ever going to interview Sullenberger?

The word is that Katie Couric landed the first interview, but I don't know the "when" of the telecast.

HR

I wouldn't want to be if I were him. Either they'd praise me (don't want) or they'd grill me like a criminal (really don't want).

That said, eventually he'll probably end up having to speak, so hopefully they choose which network for him to speak on well.

60 Minutes on 8 Feb - the whole crew is scheduled to be there.

Oh man....

One of those tiered seating deals with all the participants looking uncomfortable and some 60 Minutes dinosaur asking in Moasic tones,
"So....Were you scared?"

Just ONCE I want to see someone with enough gumption blow the lid off all the pretense and say, "You friggin kiddin me? What the #### question is that, Steve?? You're an idiot -- interview's over....."

Where are all the old Senior NCOs when we need them?

Just ONCE I want to see someone with enough gumption blow the lid off all the pretense and say, "You friggin kiddin me? What the #### question is that, Steve?? You're an idiot -- interview's over....."

Get me on the show and you'll get your wish. :D

Nancy Grace could scream at them for polluting the Hudson.

60 minutes now does fluff pieces, so they'll probably come off looking really good. I miss the old 60 minutes, with government and corporate officers hiding in their offices and cowering in the corner. A truly sad decline IMHO.

I'm surprised NBC didn't get the interview after giving them tickets to the Super Bowl.

Bump - in case people want to watch it. 7pm tonight. I think it will be intresting to see I think he will be cool under the preasure of the Media. If he can handle ditching a plane in the Hudson... he can handle a reporter.

He may be old but bring back Mike Wallace.

HR

Ah, the good ole' days. Charlies Kurault lived in my town for many years before his death in 1997. Usually belled up to the bar at some of the local watering holes he was quite a charcter.

Another 60 Minutes Original, Morley Safer has been a client of mine for many years and is still a fun guy to talk to. He also lives in CT, a few towns over from where he lives w/ his wife Jane.

Last edited:
Ah, the good ole' days. Charlies Kurault lived in my town for many years before his death in 1997. Usually belled up to the bar at some of the local watering holes he was quite a charcter.

Another 60 Minutes Original, Morley Safer has been a client of mine for many years and is still a fun guy to talk to. He also lives in CT, a few towns over from where I live w/ his wife Jane.
Doesn't he mind?:nono:

I didn't know who either one of these people were and had to Google them. I'm glad I don't watch much TV or the news anymore.

I had to endure recently when a friend was watching. Nancy Grace is allegedly a lawyer but seemed to have no concept that there could be an issue with her running secret recordings of the jailhouse telephone conversations of a yet-to-be-convicted suspect because A LITTLE GIRL IS DEAD HERE! :mad3:

And for those of you who don't stay up late, Good Morning America will have an "exclusive" with Sullenburger and crew tomorrow AM. I'm still trying to figure out the "exclusive" part. Is it because some of the PAX will be on too?

:sleep:I have come to believe that an "exclusive interview" means that it is not a press conference - the interviewer does not need to share time with any others of his profession while ignoring answers to inane questions.

Back